Changelog for HTF-0.10.0.6If this renders badly as markdown, see the plain text version
- support for Diff 0.2.
- machine-readable output: the --json option provides a way for getting machine-readable output in a simple JSON-based format
- support for subAssert (allows abstraction over assertions but keeps error locations)
- don't depend on unix under Windows
- added timing information to the output
- possibility to list all tests
- several bugfixes, especially related to location information in presence of an extra cpp invocation
- HTF itself now has a test suite
- removed upper bounds from .cabal files
- backwards incompatibilities:
- Test.Framework now longer exports all of Test.Framework.TestManager and Test.Framework.BlackBoxTest. For modules that only define tests, no changes should be necessary. However, you likely need to adjust your test runner module by importing Test.Framework.TestManager and possibly Test.Framework.BlackBoxTest.
- Some reorganization in Test.Framework.TestManager and related modules, introduction of Test.Framework.TestTypes. Usually, your code should not be affected by these changes.
0.9.0.0 (2012-09-26) NOTE: this version is NOT backwards compatible with 0.8.*. The documentation on hackage describes what you need to do in order to upgrade.
- Totally reworked how tests are collected
- Greatly improved documentation (fixes issue #2)
- Added assertThrowsIO and similar functions (fixes issue #6)
- Added htfMain function
- Assertions can be run via runTest
- Support for assertNotEqual
- fixed build dependencies to include process 1.1.*
- multi-line diff with pretty-printing
- build support for GHC 7.2.1
- support for `--quiet' option to report failures only
- color support
- diff support: if an equality assertions fails, HTF shows a diff of the expected and the given value
- more uniform output
- tests to execute are now given by a regular expression, tests to ignored are prefixed with `--not'
- support for pending tests and quick check properties
- support for ignoring certain tests in the argument list of Test.Framework.TestManager.runTestWithArgs (simply prefix the test names with a '-')
- minor fix for the tutorial (thanks to Marnix)
- htfpp parses extension from pragmas
- runTest, runTestWithArgs, runTestWithFilter return an appropriate exit code
- support for GHC 7, QuickCheck 2.3, containers 0.4 and directory 1.1 (thanks to David Leuschner)
- generalized mtl dependency to accept version 1.1* and 2.0.*.
- preprocessor now parses bang patterns
--hunit' flag to htfpp. (The--hunit' flag causes assert-like macros to be expanded in a way that is backwards-compatible with the corresponding functions of the HUnit library.)
- Some functions in Test.Framework.HUnitWrapper were renamed in a non-backwards compatible way. The assertP functions are now called assertPretty, and the function assertSetEqual is now called assertListsEqualAsSet
- More specific version constraints in .cabal file
- Testable instance for lists
- htfpp now accepts code subject to preprocessing with cpp