Display game data on the screen using one of the available frontends (determined at compile time with cabal flags).
- data FrontendSession
- startup :: String -> (FrontendSession -> IO ()) -> IO ()
- shutdown :: FrontendSession -> IO ()
- frontendName :: String
- nextEvent :: FrontendSession -> Maybe Bool -> IO (Key, Modifier)
- promptGetKey :: FrontendSession -> [(Key, Modifier)] -> SingleFrame -> IO (Key, Modifier)
- displayFrame :: FrontendSession -> Bool -> Maybe SingleFrame -> IO ()
Spawns the gtk input and output thread, which spawns all the other
required threads. We create a separate thread for gtk to minimize
communication with the heavy main thread. The other threads have to be
spawned after gtk is initialized, because they call
Input key via the frontend. Fail if there is no frame to show to the player as a prompt for the keypress.
Display a prompt, wait for any of the specified keys (for any key, if the list is empty). Repeat if an unexpected key received. Starts in Push or None mode, stop in None mode. Spends most time waiting for a key, so not performance critical, so does not need optimization.