Define Diagrams Paths by specifying points and optionally directions and tension. Calculate control points to maintain smooth curvature at each point, following rules implemented in Donald Knuth's Metafont.
This module is intended to be imported qualified.
- module Diagrams.TwoD.Path.Metafont.Combinators
- fromString :: (TrailLike t, V t ~ R2) => Text -> Either ParseError t
- fromStrings :: (TrailLike t, V t ~ R2) => [Text] -> Either [ParseError] [t]
- fromPath :: (TrailLike t, V t ~ R2) => MFP -> t
- flex :: (TrailLike t, V t ~ R2) => [P2] -> t
- metafont :: (TrailLike t, V t ~ R2) => MFPathData P -> t
- metafontParser :: Parser (MFPath (Maybe PathDir) BasicJoin)
MF.fromString parses a Text value in MetaFont syntax, and attempts to return a TrailLike. Only a subset of Metafont is supported; see the tutorial for details.
Should you wish to construct the MFPath in some other fashion, fromPath makes a TrailLike directly from the MFPath
flex ps draws a Trail through the points ps, such that at every point p ∊ ps except the endpoints, the Trail is parallel to the line from the first to the last point. This is the same as the flex command defined in plain MetaFont.
metafont converts a path defined in the Metafont combinator synax into a native Diagrams TrailLike.