The direct-http package
This package is a native implementation of the HTTP and HTTPS protocols. It lives as a library, exporting an interface reminiscent of CGI or FastCGI. Thus policy on how namespace is mapped to files and/or scripts is entirely up to the client application.
This package is partially compatible with direct-fastcgi by the same author, but is intended more by way of a replacement for it than a companion to it, and makes several design decisions differently. The biggest is the use of MonadControlBase for exceptions.
- Version 0.6
- Substantial reworking of MVar handling, using safer primitives to be much more robust in the face of exceptions in pure code.
- Version 0.5.3
- Actually works with extension headers, by admitting the reality that they can occur anytime and not just with an entity.
- Version 0.5.2
- Actually works with daemonization, by using a feature of direct-daemon added for this purpose to open the socket after forking but before dropping privileges.
- Version 0.5.1
- Uses SafeSemaphore, which is the future, rather than QSem from base, which is deprecated.
- Version 0.5.0.1
- This preliminary release is a preview to gauge community interest. Not even all major features are implemented; things that exist only as stubs include encryption, compression, chunking, and reading back cookies. Nonetheless it may be useful if run behind a reverse proxy that provides the missing features transparently, such as Apache.
|Versions||0.5, 0.5.0.1, 0.5.1, 0.5.2, 0.5.3, 0.6|
|Dependencies||base (≥4.5 & <5), bytestring (≥0.9.2.1 & <1), containers (≥0.4.2.1 & <1), direct-daemonize (≥3.1 & <4), lifted-base (≥0.1.1 & <2), monad-control (≥0.3.1.3 & <1), mtl (≥126.96.36.199 & <3), network (≥188.8.131.52 & <3), old-locale (≥184.108.40.206 & <2), SafeSemaphore (≥0.9.0 & <1), time (≥1.4 & <2), transformers-base (≥0.4.1 & <1), unix (≥220.127.116.11 & <3), utf8-string (≥0.3.7 & <1)|
|Copyright||Copyright (c) 2012 Irene Knapp|
|Maintainer||"Irene Knapp" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Upload date||Fri Feb 22 03:58:24 UTC 2013|