Changelog for git-annex-3.20111011If this renders badly as markdown, see the plain text version
git-annex (3.20111011) unstable; urgency=low
- This version of git-annex only works with git 1.7.7 and newer. The breakage with old versions is subtle, and affects the annex.numcopies settings in .gitattributes, so be sure to upgrade git to 1.7.7. (Debian package now depends on that version.)
- Don't pass absolute paths to git show-attr, as it started following symlinks when that's done in 1.7.7. Instead, use relative paths, which show-attr only handles 100% correctly in 1.7.7. Closes: #645046
- Fix referring to remotes by uuid.
- New or changed repository descriptions in uuid.log now have a timestamp, which is used to ensure the newest description is used when the uuid.log has been merged.
- Note that older versions of git-annex will display the timestamp as part of the repository description, which is ugly but otherwise harmless.
- Add timestamps to trust.log and remote.log too.
- git-annex-shell: Added the --uuid option.
- git-annex now asks git-annex-shell to verify that it's operating in the expected repository.
- Note that this git-annex will not interoperate with remotes using older versions of git-annex-shell.
- Now supports git's insteadOf configuration, to modify the url used to access a remote. Note that pushInsteadOf is not used; that and pushurl are reserved for actual git pushes. Closes: #644278
- status: List all known repositories.
- When displaying a list of repositories, show git remote names in addition to their descriptions.
- Add locking to avoid races when changing the git-annex branch.
- Various speed improvements gained by using ByteStrings.
- Contain the zombie hordes.
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Tue, 11 Oct 2011 23:00:02 -0400
git-annex (3.20110928) unstable; urgency=low
- --in can be used to make git-annex only operate on files believed to be present in a given repository.
- Arbitrarily complex expressions can be built to limit the files git-annex operates on, by combining the options --not --and --or -( and -) Example: git annex get --exclude '*.mp3' --and --not -( --in usbdrive --or --in archive -)
- --copies=N can be used to make git-annex only operate on files with the specified number of copies. (And --not --copies=N for the inverse.)
- find: Rather than only showing files whose contents are present, when used with --exclude --copies or --in, displays all files that match the specified conditions.
- Note that this is a behavior change for git-annex find! Old behavior can be gotten by using: git-annex find --in .
- status: Massively sped up; remove --fast mode.
- unused: File contents used by branches and tags are no longer considered unused, even when not used by the current branch. This is the final piece of the puzzle needed for git-annex to to play nicely with branches.
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Wed, 28 Sep 2011 18:14:02 -0400
git-annex (3.20110915) unstable; urgency=low
- whereis: Show untrusted locations separately and do not include in location count.
- Fix build without S3.
- addurl: Always use whole url as destination filename, rather than only its file component.
- get, drop, copy: Added --auto option, which decides whether to get/drop content as needed to work toward the configured numcopies.
- bugfix: drop and fsck did not honor --exclude
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Thu, 15 Sep 2011 22:25:46 -0400
git-annex (3.20110906) unstable; urgency=low
- Improve display of newlines around error and warning messages.
- Fix Makefile to work with cabal again.
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Tue, 06 Sep 2011 13:45:16 -0400
git-annex (3.20110902) unstable; urgency=low
- Set EMAIL when running test suite so that git does not need to be configured first. Closes: #638998
- The wget command will now be used in preference to curl, if available.
- init: Make description an optional parameter.
- unused, status: Sped up by avoiding unnecessary stats of annexed files.
- unused --remote: Reduced memory use to 1/4th what was used before.
- Add --json switch, to produce machine-consumable output.
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Fri, 02 Sep 2011 21:20:37 -0400
git-annex (3.20110819) unstable; urgency=low
- Now "git annex init" only has to be run once, when a git repository is first being created. Clones will automatically notice that git-annex is in use and automatically perform a basic initalization. It's still recommended to run "git annex init" in any clones, to describe them.
- Added annex-cost-command configuration, which can be used to vary the cost of a remote based on the output of a shell command.
- Fix broken upgrade from V1 repository. Closes: #638584
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Fri, 19 Aug 2011 20:34:09 -0400
git-annex (3.20110817) unstable; urgency=low
- Fix shell escaping in rsync special remote.
- addurl: --fast can be used to avoid immediately downloading the url.
- Added support for getting content from git remotes using http (and https).
- Added curl to Debian package dependencies.
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Wed, 17 Aug 2011 01:29:02 -0400
git-annex (3.20110719) unstable; urgency=low
- add: Be even more robust to avoid ever leaving the file seemingly deleted. Closes: #634233
- Bugfix: Make add ../ work.
- Support the standard git -c name=value
- unannex: Clean up use of git commit -a.
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Tue, 19 Jul 2011 23:39:53 -0400
git-annex (3.20110707) unstable; urgency=low
- Fix sign bug in disk free space checking.
- Bugfix: Forgot to de-escape keys when upgrading. Could result in bad location log data for keys that contain [&:%] in their names. (A workaround for this problem is to run git annex fsck.)
- add: Avoid a failure mode that resulted in the file seemingly being deleted (content put in the annex but no symlink present).
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Thu, 07 Jul 2011 19:29:39 -0400
git-annex (3.20110705) unstable; urgency=low
- uninit: Delete the git-annex branch and .git/annex/
- unannex: In --fast mode, file content is left in the annex, and a hard link made to it.
- uninit: Use unannex in --fast mode, to support unannexing multiple files that link to the same content.
- Drop the dependency on the haskell curl bindings, use regular haskell HTTP.
- Fix a pipeline stall when upgrading (caused by #624389).
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Tue, 05 Jul 2011 14:37:39 -0400
git-annex (3.20110702) unstable; urgency=low
- Now the web can be used as a special remote. This feature replaces the old URL backend.
- addurl: New command to download an url and store it in the annex.
- Sped back up fsck, copy --from, and other commands that often have to read a lot of information from the git-annex branch. Such commands are now faster than they were before introduction of the git-annex branch.
- Always ensure git-annex branch exists.
- Modify location log parser to allow future expansion.
- --force will cause add, etc, to operate on ignored files.
- Avoid mangling encoding when storing the description of repository and other content.
- cabal can now be used to build git-annex. This is substantially slower than using make, does not build or install documentation, does not run the test suite, and is not particularly recommended, but could be useful to some.
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Sat, 02 Jul 2011 15:00:18 -0400
git-annex (3.20110624) experimental; urgency=low
- New repository format, annex.version=3. Use
git annex upgradeto migrate.
- git-annex now stores its logs in a git-annex branch.
- merge: New subcommand. Auto-merges the new git-annex branch.
- Improved handling of bare git repos with annexes. Many more commands will work in them.
- git-annex is now more robust; it will never leave state files uncommitted when some other git process comes along and locks the index at an inconvenient time.
- rsync is now used when copying files from repos on other filesystems. cp is still used when copying file from repos on the same filesystem, since --reflink=auto can make it significantly faster on filesystems such as btrfs.
- Allow --trust etc to specify a repository by name, for temporarily trusting repositories that are not configured remotes.
- unlock: Made atomic.
- git-union-merge: New git subcommand, that does a generic union merge operation, and operates efficiently without touching the working tree.
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Fri, 24 Jun 2011 14:32:18 -0400
git-annex (0.20110610) unstable; urgency=low
- Add --numcopies option.
- Add --trust, --untrust, and --semitrust options.
- get --from is the same as copy --from
- Bugfix: Fix fsck to not think all SHAnE keys are bad.
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Fri, 10 Jun 2011 11:48:40 -0400
git-annex (0.20110601) unstable; urgency=low
- Minor bugfixes and error message improvements.
- Massively sped up
git annex lockby avoiding use of the uber-slow
git reset, and only running
git checkoutonce, even when many files are being locked.
- Fix locking of files with staged changes.
- Somewhat sped up
git commitof modifications to unlocked files.
- Build fix for older ghc.
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Wed, 01 Jun 2011 11:50:47 -0400
git-annex (0.20110522) unstable; urgency=low
- Closer emulation of git's behavior when told to use "foo/.git" as a git repository instead of just "foo". Closes: #627563
- Fix bug in --exclude introduced in 0.20110516.
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Fri, 27 May 2011 20:20:41 -0400
git-annex (0.20110521) unstable; urgency=low
- status: New subcommand to show info about an annex, including its size.
- --backend now overrides any backend configured in .gitattributes files.
- Add --debug option. Closes: #627499
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Sat, 21 May 2011 11:52:53 -0400
git-annex (0.20110516) unstable; urgency=low
- Add a few tweaks to make it easy to use the Internet Archive's variant of S3. In particular, munge key filenames to comply with the IA's filename limits, disable encryption, support their nonstandard way of creating buckets, and allow x-archive-* headers to be specified in initremote to set item metadata.
- Added filename extension preserving variant backends SHA1E, SHA256E, etc.
- migrate: Use current filename when generating new key, for backends where the filename affects the key name.
- Work around a bug in Network.URI's handling of bracketed ipv6 addresses.
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Mon, 16 May 2011 14:16:52 -0400
git-annex (0.20110503) unstable; urgency=low
- Fix hasKeyCheap setting for bup and rsync special remotes.
- Add hook special remotes.
- Avoid crashing when an existing key is readded to the annex.
- unused: Now also lists files fsck places in .git/annex/bad/
- S3: When encryption is enabled, the Amazon S3 login credentials are stored, encrypted, in .git-annex/remotes.log, so environment variables need not be set after the remote is initialized.
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Tue, 03 May 2011 20:56:01 -0400
git-annex (0.20110427) unstable; urgency=low
- Switch back to haskell SHA library, so git-annex remains buildable on Debian stable.
- Added rsync special remotes. This could be used, for example, to store annexed content on rsync.net (encrypted naturally). Or anywhere else.
- Bugfix: Avoid pipeline stall when running git annex drop or fsck on a lot of files. Possibly only occured with ghc 7.
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Wed, 27 Apr 2011 22:50:26 -0400
git-annex (0.20110425) unstable; urgency=low
- Use haskell Crypto library instead of haskell SHA library.
- Remove testpack from build depends for non x86 architectures where it is not available. The test suite will not be run if it cannot be compiled.
- Avoid using absolute paths when staging location log, as that can confuse git when a remote's path contains a symlink. Closes: #621386
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Mon, 25 Apr 2011 15:47:00 -0400
git-annex (0.20110420) unstable; urgency=low
- Update Debian build dependencies for ghc 7.
- Debian package is now built with S3 support. Thanks Joachim Breitner for making this possible.
- Somewhat improved memory usage of S3, still work to do. Thanks Greg Heartsfield for ongoing work to improve the hS3 library for git-annex.
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Thu, 21 Apr 2011 15:00:48 -0400
git-annex (0.20110419) unstable; urgency=low
- Don't run gpg in batch mode, so it can prompt for passphrase when there is no agent.
- Add missing build dep on dataenc.
- S3: Fix stalls when transferring encrypted data.
- bup: Avoid memory leak when transferring encrypted data.
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Tue, 19 Apr 2011 21:26:51 -0400
git-annex (0.20110417) unstable; urgency=low
- bup is now supported as a special type of remote.
- The data sent to special remotes (Amazon S3, bup, etc) can be encrypted using GPG for privacy.
- Use lowercase hash directories for locationlog files, to avoid some issues with git on OSX with the mixed-case directories. No migration is needed; the old mixed case hash directories are still read; new information is written to the new directories.
- Unused files on remotes, particulary special remotes, can now be identified and dropped, by using "--from remote" with git annex unused and git annex dropunused.
- Clear up short option confusion between --from and --force (-f is now --from, and there is no short option for --force).
- Add build depend on perlmagick so docs are consistently built. Closes: #621410
- Add doc-base file. Closes: #621408
- Periodically flush git command queue, to avoid boating memory usage too much.
- Support "sha1" and "sha512" commands on FreeBSD, and allow building if any/all SHA commands are not available. Thanks, Fraser Tweedale
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Sun, 17 Apr 2011 12:00:24 -0400
git-annex (0.20110401) experimental; urgency=low
- Amazon S3 is now supported as a special type of remote. Warning: Encrypting data before sending it to S3 is not yet supported.
- Note that Amazon S3 support is not built in by default on Debian yet, as hS3 is not packaged.
- fsck: Ensure that files and directories in .git/annex/objects have proper permissions.
- Added a special type of remote called a directory remote, which simply stores files in an arbitrary local directory.
- Bugfix: copy --to --fast never really copied, fixed.
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Fri, 01 Apr 2011 21:27:22 -0400
git-annex (0.20110328) experimental; urgency=low
- annex.diskreserve can be given in arbitrary units (ie "0.5 gigabytes")
- Generalized remotes handling, laying groundwork for remotes that are not regular git remotes. (Think Amazon S3.)
- Provide a less expensive version of
git annex copy --to, enabled via --fast. This assumes that location tracking information is correct, rather than contacting the remote for every file.
- Bugfix: Keys could be received into v1 annexes from v2 annexes, via v1 git-annex-shell. This results in some oddly named keys in the v1 annex. Recognise and fix those keys when upgrading, instead of crashing.
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:47:29 -0400
git-annex (0.20110325) experimental; urgency=low
- Free space checking is now done, for transfers of data for keys that have free space metadata. (Notably, not for SHA* keys generated with git-annex 0.2x or earlier.) The code is believed to work on Linux, FreeBSD, and OSX; check compile-time messages to see if it is not enabled for your OS.
- Add annex.diskreserve config setting, to control how much free space to reserve for other purposes and avoid using (defaults to 1 mb).
- Add --fast flag, that can enable less expensive, but also less thorough versions of some commands.
- fsck: In fast mode, avoid checking checksums.
- unused: In fast mode, just show all existing temp files as unused, and avoid expensive scan for other unused content.
- migrate: Support migrating v1 SHA keys to v2 SHA keys with size information that can be used for free space checking.
- Fix space leak in fsck and drop commands.
- migrate: Bugfix for case when migrating a file results in a key that is already present in .git/annex/objects.
- dropunused: Significantly sped up; only read unused log file once.
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Fri, 25 Mar 2011 00:47:37 -0400
git-annex (0.20110320) experimental; urgency=low
- Fix dropping of files using the URL backend.
- Fix support for remotes with '.' in their names.
- Add version command to show git-annex version as well as repository version information.
- No longer auto-upgrade to repository format 2, to avoid accidental upgrades, etc. Use git-annex upgrade when you're ready to run this version.
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Sun, 20 Mar 2011 16:36:33 -0400
git-annex (0.20110316) experimental; urgency=low
- New repository format, annex.version=2.
- The first time git-annex is run in an old format repository, it will automatically upgrade it to the new format, staging all necessary changes to git. Also added a "git annex upgrade" command.
- Colons are now avoided in filenames, so bare clones of git repos can be put on USB thumb drives formatted with vFAT or similar filesystems.
- Added two levels of hashing to object directory and .git-annex logs, to improve scalability with enormous numbers of annexed objects. (With one hundred million annexed objects, each directory would contain fewer than 1024 files.)
- The setkey, fromkey, and dropkey subcommands have changed how the key is specified. --backend is no longer used with these.
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:20:23 -0400
git-annex (0.24) unstable; urgency=low
Branched the 0.24 series, which will be maintained for a while to support v1 git-annex repos, while main development moves to the 0.2011 series, with v2 git-annex repos.
- Add Suggests on graphviz. Closes: #618039
- When adding files to the annex, the symlinks pointing at the annexed content are made to have the same mtime as the original file. While git does not preserve that information, this allows a tool like metastore to be used with annexed files. (Currently this is only done on systems supporting POSIX 200809.)
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Wed, 16 Mar 2011 18:35:13 -0400
git-annex (0.23) unstable; urgency=low
- Support ssh remotes with a port specified.
- whereis: New subcommand to show where a file's content has gotten to.
- Rethink filename encoding handling for display. Since filename encoding may or may not match locale settings, any attempt to decode filenames will fail for some files. So instead, do all output in binary mode.
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Sat, 12 Mar 2011 15:02:49 -0400
git-annex (0.22) unstable; urgency=low
- Git annexes can now be attached to bare git repositories. (Both the local and remote host must have this version of git-annex installed for it to work.)
- Support filenames that start with a dash; when such a file is passed to a utility it will be escaped to avoid it being interpreted as an option. (I went a little overboard and got the type checker involved in this, so such files are rather comprehensively supported now.)
- New backends: SHA512 SHA384 SHA256 SHA224 (Supported on systems where corresponding shaNsum commands are available.)
- describe: New subcommand that can set or change the description of a repository.
- Fix test suite to reap zombies. (Zombies can be particularly annoying on OSX; thanks to Jimmy Tang for his help eliminating the infestation... for now.)
- Make test suite not rely on a working cp -pr. (The Unix wars are still ON!)
- Look for dir.git directories the same as git does.
- Support remote urls specified as relative paths.
- Support non-ssh remote paths that contain tilde expansions.
- fsck: Check for and repair location log damage.
- Bugfix: When fsck detected and moved away corrupt file content, it did not update the location log.
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Fri, 04 Mar 2011 15:10:57 -0400
git-annex (0.21) unstable; urgency=low
- test: Don't rely on chmod -R working.
- unannex: Fix recently introduced bug when attempting to unannex more than one file at a time.
- test: Set git user name and email in case git can't guess values.
- Fix display of unicode filenames.
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Fri, 11 Feb 2011 23:21:08 -0400
git-annex (0.20) unstable; urgency=low
- Preserve specified file ordering when instructed to act on multiple files or directories. For example, "git annex get a b" will now always get "a" before "b". Previously it could operate in either order.
- unannex: Commit staged changes at end, to avoid some confusing behavior with the pre-commit hook, which would see some types of commits after an unannex as checking in of an unlocked file.
- map: New subcommand that uses graphviz to display a nice map of the git repository network.
- Deal with the mtl/monads-fd conflict.
- configure: Check for sha1sum.
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Tue, 08 Feb 2011 18:57:24 -0400
git-annex (0.19) unstable; urgency=low
- configure: Support using the uuidgen command if the uuid command is not available.
- Allow --exclude to be specified more than once.
- There are now three levels of repository trust.
- untrust: Now marks the current repository as untrusted.
- semitrust: Now restores the default trust level. (What untrust used to do.)
- fsck, drop: Take untrusted repositories into account.
- Bugfix: Files were copied from trusted remotes first even if their annex.cost was higher than other remotes.
- Improved temp file handling. Transfers of content can now be resumed from temp files later; the resume does not have to be the immediate next git-annex run.
- unused: Include partially transferred content in the list.
- Bugfix: Running a second git-annex while a first has a transfer in progress no longer deletes the first processes's temp file.
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Fri, 28 Jan 2011 14:31:37 -0400
git-annex (0.18) unstable; urgency=low
move --toforgot to stage location log changes after transferring the file to the remote repository. (Did not affect ssh remotes.)
- fsck: Fix bug in moving of corrupted files to .git/annex/bad/
- migrate: Fix support for --backend option.
- unlock: Fix behavior when file content is not present.
- Test suite improvements. Current top-level test coverage: 80%
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Fri, 14 Jan 2011 14:17:44 -0400
git-annex (0.17) unstable; urgency=low
- unannex: Now skips files whose content is not present, rather than it being an error.
- New migrate subcommand can be used to switch files to using a different backend, safely and with no duplication of content.
- bugfix: Fix crash caused by empty key name. (Thanks Henrik for reporting.)
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Sun, 09 Jan 2011 10:04:11 -0400
git-annex (0.16) unstable; urgency=low
- git-annex-shell: Avoid exposing any git repo config except for the annex.uuid when doing configlist.
- bugfix: Running
move --towith a remote whose UUID was not yet known could result in git-annex not recording on the local side where the file was moved to. This could not result in data loss, or even a significant problem, since the remote did record that it had the file.
- Also, add a general guard to detect attempts to record information about repositories with missing UUIDs.
- bugfix: Running
move --towith a non-ssh remote failed.
- bugfix: Running
copy --towith a non-ssh remote actually did a move.
- Many test suite improvements. Current top-level test coverage: 65%
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Fri, 07 Jan 2011 14:33:13 -0400
git-annex (0.15) unstable; urgency=low
- Support scp-style urls for remotes (host:path).
- Support ssh urls containing "~".
- Add trust and untrust subcommands, to allow configuring repositories that are trusted to retain files without explicit checking.
- Fix bug in numcopies handling when multiple remotes pointed to the same repository.
- Introduce the git-annex-shell command. It's now possible to make a user have it as a restricted login shell, similar to git-shell.
- Note that git-annex will always use git-annex-shell when accessing a ssh remote, so all of your remotes need to be upgraded to this version of git-annex at the same time.
- Now rsync is exclusively used for copying files to and from remotes. scp is not longer supported.
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Fri, 31 Dec 2010 22:00:52 -0400
git-annex (0.14) unstable; urgency=low
- Bugfix to git annex unused in a repository with nothing yet annexed.
- Support upgrading from a v0 annex with nothing in it.
- Avoid multiple calls to git ls-files when passed eg, "*".
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Fri, 24 Dec 2010 17:38:48 -0400
git-annex (0.13) unstable; urgency=low
- Makefile: Install man page and html (when built).
- Makefile: Add GHCFLAGS variable.
- Fix upgrade from 0.03.
- Support remotes using git+ssh and ssh+git as protocol. Closes: #607056
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:05:10 -0400
git-annex (0.12) unstable; urgency=low
- Add --exclude option to exclude files from processing.
- mwdn2man: Fix a bug in newline supression. Closes: #606578
- Bugfix to git annex add of an unlocked file in a subdir. Closes: #606579
- Makefile: Add PREFIX variable.
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Sat, 11 Dec 2010 17:32:00 -0400
git-annex (0.11) unstable; urgency=low
- If available, rsync will be used for file transfers from remote repositories. This allows resuming interrupted transfers.
- Added remote.annex-rsync-options.
- Avoid deleting temp files when rsync fails.
- Improve detection of version 0 repos.
- Add uninit subcommand. Closes: #605749
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Sat, 04 Dec 2010 17:27:42 -0400
git-annex (0.10) unstable; urgency=low
- In .gitattributes, the annex.numcopies attribute can be used to control the number of copies to retain of different types of files.
- Bugfix: Always correctly handle gitattributes when in a subdirectory of the repository. (Had worked ok for ones like ".mp3", but failed for ones like "dir/".)
- fsck: Fix warning about not enough copies of a file, when locations are known, but are not available in currently configured remotes.
- precommit: Optimise to avoid calling git-check-attr more than once.
- The git-annex-backend attribute has been renamed to annex.backend.
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Sun, 28 Nov 2010 19:28:05 -0400
git-annex (0.09) unstable; urgency=low
- Add copy subcommand.
- Fix bug in setkey subcommand triggered by move --to.
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Sat, 27 Nov 2010 17:14:59 -0400
git-annex (0.08) unstable; urgency=low
git annex add ../foo(when ran in a subdir of the repo).
- Add configure step to build process.
- Only use cp -a if it is supported, falling back to cp -p or plain cp as needed for portability.
- cp --reflink=auto is used if supported, and will make git annex unlock much faster on filesystems like btrfs that support copy on write.
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Sun, 21 Nov 2010 13:45:44 -0400
git-annex (0.07) unstable; urgency=low
- find: New subcommand.
- unused: New subcommand, finds unused data. (Split out from fsck.)
- dropunused: New subcommand, provides for easy dropping of unused keys by number, as listed by the unused subcommand.
- fsck: Print warnings to stderr; --quiet can now be used to only see problems.
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Mon, 15 Nov 2010 18:41:50 -0400
git-annex (0.06) unstable; urgency=low
- fsck: Check if annex.numcopies is satisfied.
- fsck: Verify the sha1 of files when the SHA1 backend is used.
- fsck: Verify the size of files when the WORM backend is used.
- fsck: Allow specifying individual files if fscking everything is not desired.
- fsck: Fix bug, introduced in 0.04, in detection of unused data.
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Sat, 13 Nov 2010 16:24:29 -0400
git-annex (0.05) unstable; urgency=low
- Optimize both pre-commit and lock subcommands to not call git diff on every file being committed/locked. (This actually also works around a bug in ghc, that caused git-annex 0.04 pre-commit to sometimes corrupt filename being read from git ls-files and fail. See http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/4493 The excessive number of calls made by pre-commit exposed the ghc bug. Thanks Josh Triplett for the debugging.)
- Build with -O2.
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Thu, 11 Nov 2010 18:31:09 -0400
git-annex (0.04) unstable; urgency=low
- Add unlock subcommand, which replaces the symlink with a copy of the file's content in preparation of changing it. The "edit" subcommand is an alias for unlock.
- Add lock subcommand.
- Unlocked files will now automatically be added back into the annex when committed (and the updated symlink committed), by some magic in the pre-commit hook.
- The SHA1 backend is now fully usable.
- Add annex.version, which will be used to automate upgrades between incompatible versions.
- Reorganised the layout of .git/annex/
- The new layout will be automatically upgraded to the first time git-annex is used in a repository with the old layout.
- Note that git-annex 0.04 cannot transfer content from old repositories that have not yet been upgraded.
- Annexed file contents are now made unwritable and put in unwriteable directories, to avoid them accidentially being removed or modified. (Thanks Josh Triplett for the idea.)
- Add build dep on libghc6-testpack-dev. Closes: #603016
- Avoid using runghc to run test suite as it is not available on all architectures. Closes: #603006
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Wed, 10 Nov 2010 14:23:23 -0400
git-annex (0.03) unstable; urgency=low
- Fix support for file:// remotes.
- Add --verbose
- Fix SIGINT handling.
- Fix handling of files with unusual characters in their name.
- Fixed memory leak; git-annex no longer reads the whole file list from git before starting, and will be much faster with large repos.
- Fix crash on unknown symlinks.
- Added remote.annex-scp-options and remote.annex-ssh-options.
- The backends to use when adding different sets of files can be configured via gitattributes.
- In .gitattributes, the git-annex-backend attribute can be set to the names of backends to use when adding different types of files.
- Add fsck subcommand. (For now it only finds unused key contents in the annex.)
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Sun, 07 Nov 2010 18:26:04 -0400
git-annex (0.02) unstable; urgency=low
- Can scp annexed files from remote hosts, and check remote hosts for file content when dropping files.
- New move subcommand, that makes it easy to move file contents from or to a remote.
- New fromkey subcommand, for registering urls, etc.
- git-annex init will now set up a pre-commit hook that fixes up symlinks before they are committed, to ensure that moving symlinks around does not break them.
- More intelligent and fast staging of modified files; git add coalescing.
- Add remote.annex-ignore git config setting to allow completly disabling a given remote.
- --from/--to can be used to control the remote repository that git-annex uses.
- --quiet can be used to avoid verbose output
- New plumbing-level dropkey and addkey subcommands.
- Lots of bug fixes.
-- Joey Hess email@example.com Wed, 27 Oct 2010 16:39:29 -0400
git-annex (0.01) unstable; urgency=low
- First prerelease.
-- Joey Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Wed, 20 Oct 2010 12:54:24 -0400