Changelog for haskeline-0.7.1.2If this renders badly as markdown, see the plain text version
Changed in version 0.7.1.2:
- Require ghc>=7.0.1.
- Allow building with terminfo-0.4.
Changed in version 0.7.1.1:
- Point to github for HEAD.
Changed in version 0.7.1.0:
- Fix build with ghc-7.8.
- Fix build with ghc-6.12.3.
- Fix build on Android.
- Fix build on Win64.
- Add 'catches' to System.Console.Haskeline.MonadException.
Changed in version 0.7.0.3:
- Fix build with ghc>=7.6.1.
Changed in version 0.7.0.2:
- Fix build on Windows with ghc>=7.4.1.
Changed in version 0.7.0.1:
- Fix GHC build by removing a Haskell comment on an #endif line
Changed in version 0.7.0.0: API changes:
- Remove System.Console.Haskeline.Encoding
- Make the MonadException class more general (similar to monad-control)
- Don't make InputT an instance of MonadState/MonadReader
- #117: Implement mapInputT
- Bump dependencies and general compatibility for ghc-7.6.1
- Depend on the transformers package instead of mtl
- Don't depend on the extensible-exceptions package
- Don't depend on the utf8-string package (except with ghc<7.4.1)
- Bump the minimum GHC version to 6.10.1
- Use ScopedTypeVariables instead of PatternSignatures
- Prevent crashes on Windows when writing too many characters at once or ctrl-L on large window (GHC ticket #4415)
- Remember the user's history and kill ring state after ctrl-c
- Use ccall on Win64
- Fix terminfo's guess of the window size
Changed in version 0.6.4.7:
- Bump dependencies to allow mtl-2.1, containers-0.5 and bytestring-0.10.
- Prefix C functions with "haskeline_" so we don't clash with other packages
- Prevent cursor flicker when outputting in the terminfo backend
Changed in version 0.6.4.6:
- Build with ghc-7.4.1.
Changed in version 0.6.4.5:
- #116: Prevent hang on 64-bit systems when the prompt contains a control character.
Changed in version 0.6.4.4:
- #115: Fix the behavior of the 'f' and 't' commands when deleting text.
- #73: Fix regression: pasting multiple lines could drop some characters.
- Don't require NondecreasingIndentation.
Changed in version 0.6.4.3:
- Fix a bug on ghc-7.2.1 with tab-completion of Unicode filenames.
Changed in version 0.6.4.2:
- Various updates for ghc-7.2.1.
Changed in version 0.6.4:
- Added new function getInputLineWithInitial.
Changed in version 0.6.3.2:
- Allow building with mtl-2.0.* .
Changed in version 0.6.3.1:
Updated contraints for ghc-7.0.1.
Fix building on ghc-6.10.
Changed in version 0.6.3:
#111: Correct width calculations when the prompt contains newlines.
#109: Add function completeWordWithPrev.
#101, #44: Extend the API with Behaviors, which control the choice between terminal-style and file-style interaction.
#78: Correct width calculations for escape sequences ("\ESC...\STX")
Better warning message when -fterminfo doesn't work.
Added getPassword as a new input function.
Changed in version 0.6.2.4:
- Added back a MonadException instance for mtl's StateT.
Changed in version 0.6.2.3:
#110: Recognize the enter key in xterm.
#108: Fix behavior after a paste of long, non-ASCII text.
#106: Ignore input immediately following an unrecognized control sequence.
#104: In vi-mode, allow, e.g., "d2w" as well as "2dw"
#103: Fix vi-mode 'c' command with movements.
#81: Correctly handle characters with a width > 1.
Compatibility updates from the GHC folks for Solaris and for ghc-6.14.
Optimization: if several key presses are input all at once (e.g. from a paste), only display the last change. This can also make Haskeline more responsive when editing long lines.
Hard-code some defaults for ctrl-left and ctrl-right, and provide the corresponding Emacs bindings to skip words.
Changed in version 0.6.2.2:
- Raise dependency to utf8-string>=0.3.6 (fixes a bug when decoding invalid input)
Changed in version 0.6.2.1: Internal/API changes:
Make sure to always use binary mode when expecting Char-as-byte.
Eliminate unused import warnings on ghc>=6.11
Increase upper bound on some dependencies for ghc-6.12
Changed in version 0.6.2:
User interface changes:
A multitude of new emacs and vi commands
New preference 'historyDuplicates' to prevent storage of duplicate lines
Support PageUp and PageDown keys
Let ctrl-L (clear-screen) work during getInputChar
Compatibility with ghc-6.12
Calculate the correct width for Unicode combining characters
Removed RankNTypes requirement; added Rank2Types and UndecidableInstances
Use simpleUserHooks instead of autoconfUserHooks in the Setup script
Internal refactoring to make command declaration more flexible
Read the .haskeline file completely before starting the UI (laziness issue)