|Maintainer||Uwe Schmidt (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
This module provides functions for validating XML documents represented as XmlTree.
Unlike other popular XML validation tools the validation functions return a list of errors instead of aborting after the first error was found.
Note: The validation process has been split into validation and transformation!
validate did not report any errors,
should be called, to change the document the way a validating parser
is expected to do.
Main validation filter. Check if the DTD and the document are valid.
- returns : a function which expects a complete document as XmlTree input and returns a list of all errors found.
Check if the DTD is valid.
- returns : a function which expects an XmlTree from the parser as input and returns a list of all errors found in the DTD.
Check if the document corresponds to the given DTD.
- returns : a function which expects a complete document as XmlTree input and returns a list of all errors found in the content part.
Removes doublicate declarations from the DTD which first declaration is binding. This is the case for ATTLIST and ENTITY declarations.
- returns : A function that replaces the children of DOCTYPE nodes by a list where all multiple declarations are removed.
filter for transforming a document with respect to the given DTD.
Validating parsers are expected to normalize attribute values and add default values. This function should be called after a successful validation.
- returns : a function which expects a complete XML document tree and returns the transformed XmlTree