This module contains a mutable wrapping of an LRU in the IO monad, providing atomic access in a concurrent environment. All calls preserve the same semantics as those in Data.Cache.LRU, but perform updates in place.
(This implementation uses an MVar for coarse locking. It's unclear if anything else would give better performance, given that many calls alter the head of the access list.)
- data AtomicLRU key val
- newAtomicLRU :: Ord key => Int -> IO (AtomicLRU key val)
- fromList :: Ord key => Int -> [(key, val)] -> IO (AtomicLRU key val)
- toList :: Ord key => AtomicLRU key val -> IO [(key, val)]
- maxSize :: AtomicLRU key val -> IO Int
- insert :: Ord key => key -> val -> AtomicLRU key val -> IO ()
- lookup :: Ord key => key -> AtomicLRU key val -> IO (Maybe val)
- delete :: Ord key => key -> AtomicLRU key val -> IO Bool
- size :: AtomicLRU key val -> IO Int
Make a new AtomicLRU with the given maximum size.
Build a new LRU from the given maximum size and list of
fromList for the semantics.
Retreive a list view of an AtomicLRU. See
toList for the
Insert a key/value pair into an AtomicLRU. See
Look up a key in an AtomicLRU. See
lookup for the
Remove an item from an AtomicLRU. Returns whether the item was present to be removed.