Changelog for reflection-1.3
- Merged some functionality from Data.Analytics.Reflection. Notably the ability to use type nats to reflect numbers, and to splice numbers directly. This reduces orphan instances somewhat.
- Fixed an issue caused by changes in GHC 7.7's typechecker by using explicit
- Relaxed an unnecessary strictness annotation in the fast implementation
- Both implementations now work on Hugs; the fast implementation ascends from the ranks of completely unportable black magic to being merely /mostly/ unportable black magic.
From 0.5 to 1.1:
- Much faster implementation available that is about 50 /times/ faster than
0.9 and which runs purely on black magic. This version is now used by
default. To turn it off install with the
slowflag. If you encounter a problem with the implementation, please contact the author.
reflectare about 3 orders of magnitude faster than the special case combinators were.
- Generalized the type signatures in reflect to allow you to pass any type
* -> *wrapped around the desired type as the phantom type argument rather than just a
- Converted from
Data.Proxyfor reflection. This reduces the need for helper functions and scoped type variables in user code.