Changelog for uuid-1.3.1If this renders badly as markdown, see the plain text version
- Allow building against 'hashable' 1.1.* in addition to 1.2.*
- New functions for parsing and printing UUIDs to and from ASCII BytesStrings
- New module Data.UUID.Util. This module includes the type 'UnpackedUUID', whose fields correspond to the UUID fields described in RFC 4122.
- The Storable instance now stores a UUID in host byte-order instead of big endian.
- There is now an instance for 'Hashable UUID'.
Benchmark only changes:
- Allow criterion 0.8.*
Test only changes:
- Allow QuickCheck 2.6.*
- Allow binary 0.7.*
- Allow cryptohash version 0.9.*
- Cleanup tests
- Bumped dependency on 'cryptohash'.
- Bumped various dependencies and cleaned up dependencies in general.
- Added stricter constraints on 'random' package.
Add module 'V4' to direct attention to our Random instance
In module 'V1' seed the generator with a random number if the hardware MAC address could not be discovered.
Fix and cleanup various haddocks.
In module docs, warn about MD5 use in Data.UUID.V3 and encourage the reader to use Data.UUID.V5 instead.
- Use 'cryptohash' package for MD5 and SHA1 instead of 'Crypto'
Unpack Word32 values into UUID constructor.
Update test suite to QuickCheck 2
Bump other dependencies in tests/benchmarks
The Read instance now drops leading spaces in the string to be parsed. Thanks to Marc Ziegert for reporting this bug.
The tests have moved over to the new Cabal test running framework.
- Add functions fromWords/toWords
The goal was to have a total function that can be used to construct a UUID, primarily for use by uuid-th.
- Fix concurrency bug in Data.UUID.V1 (thanks to Neil Mitchell for reporting and a test case)
1.2.0 (Contributors: Antoine Latter & Mark Lentczner)
- added functions toByteString and fromByteString
- added 'nil' UUID
- added unit tests and benchmarks, built when configured -ftest
- major speed up of to/from functions (as well as in general)
- added version-3 generation (deterministic based on MD5)
- major changes to internal representation
- now uses four strict Word32 values
- internal ByteSource classes for easy construction (see Builder.hs)
- Storable instance now stores in memory as system libraries in C do: 16 bytes derived from the network order of the fields, no matter what the host native endianess is.
- fixed bugs in V1 time and clock stepping, and V1 generated values
- builds cleanly under GHC's -Wall
- added CHANGES file
- no longer exporting 'null' from the prelude
- add 'null' predicate on UUIDs
- documentation fix (thanks Mark Lentczner)