Changelog for vty-5.1.0If this renders badly as markdown, see the plain text version
- vmin and vtime can be specified however the application requires. See Graphics.Vty.Config.
- fixed the processing of input when vmin is set > 1.
- The naming convention now matches:
- all projects using vty for input must be compiled with -threaded. Please notify vty author if this is not acceptable.
- mkVtyEscDelay has been removed. Use "mkVty def". Which initialized vty with the default configuration.
- input handling changes
- KASCII is now KChar
- KPN5 is now KCenter
- tests exist.
- Applications can add to the input tables by setting inputMap of the Config. See Graphics.Vty.Config
- Users can define input table extensions that will apply to all vty applications. See Graphics.Vty.Config
- terminal timing is now handled by selecting an appropriate VTIME. Previously this was implemented within Vty itself. This reduced complexity in vty but provides a different meta key behavior and implies a requirement on -threaded.
- The time vty will wait to verify an ESC byte means a single ESC key is the singleEscPeriod of the Input Config structure.
- removed the typeclass based terminal and display context interface in favor of a data structure of properties interface.
- renamed the Terminal interface to Output
- The default picture for an image now uses the "clear" background. This background fills
background spans with spaces or just ends the line.
- Previously the background defaulted to the space character. This causes issues copying text from a text editor. The text would end up with extra spaces at the end of the line.
- Layer support
- Each layer is an image.
- The layers for a picture are a list of images.
- The first image is the top-most layer. The images are ordered from top to bottom.
- The transparent areas for a layer are the backgroundFill areas. backgroundFill is added to pad images when images of different sizes are joined.
- If the background is clear there is no background layer.
- If there is a background character then the bottom layer is the background layer.
- emptyPicture is a Picture with no layers and no cursor
- addToTop and addToBottom add a layer to the top and bottom of the given Picture.
- compatibility improvements:
- terminfo based terminals with no cursor support are silently accepted. The cursor visibility changes in the Picture will have no effect.
- alternate (setf/setb) color maps supported. Though colors beyond the first 8 are just a guess.
- added "rgbColor" for easy support of RGB specified colors.
- Both applications and users can add to the mapping used to translate from input bytes to events.
- Additional information about input and output process can be appended to a debug log
- Set environment variable VTY_DEBUG_LOG to path of debug log
- Or use "debugLog <path>" config directive
- Or set 'debugLog' property of the Config provided to mkVty.
- examples moved to vty-examples package. See test directory for cabal file.
- interactive test. Useful for building a bug report for vty's author.
- view a input event log for vty. Example of interacting with user.
- The start of a rouge-like game. Example of layers and image build operations.
- benchmarks vty. A series of tests that push random pictures to the terminal. The random pictures are generated using QuickCheck. The same generators used in the automated tests.
18.104.22.168 * API changes: * Added Graphics.Vty.Image.crop: Ensure an image is no larger than the specified size. * Added Graphics.Vty.Image.pad: Ensure an image is no smaller than the specified size. * Added Graphics.Vty.Image.translate: Offset an image. * Thanks Ben Boeckel MathStuf@gmail.com for these features.
22.214.171.124 * API changes: * Attr record accessor fore_color changed to attr_fore_color * Attr record accessor back_color changed to attr_back_color * Attr record accessor style changed to attr_style * Added an "inline" display attribute changing DSL: * put_attr_change applies a display attribute change immediately to a terminal * For instance, can be used to change the display attrbiutes of text output via putStrLn and putStr. EX: "put_attr_change $ back_color red" will set the background color to red. * Changes do not apply to a Picture output via output_picture. * See Graphics.Vty.Inline * Moved all IO actions into any monad an instance of MonadIO
126.96.36.199 * binding for mk_wcswidth was incorrect. Most platforms just magically worked due to coincidence.
4.0.0 * API changes: * "getSize" has been removed. Use "terminal vty >>= display_bounds" where "vty" is an instance of the Vty data structure. * added a "terminal" field to the Vty data structure. Accesses the TerminalHandle associated with the Vty instance. * Graphics.Vty.Types has undergone a number of changes. Summary: * Partitioned into Graphics.Vty.Attributes for display attributes. Graphics.Vty.Image for image combinators. Graphics.Vty.Picture for final picture construction. * Graphics.Vty.Attributes: * "setFG" and "setBG" are now "with_fore_color" and "with_back_color" * All other "set.." equations similarly replaced. * "attr" is now "def_attr", short for "default display attributes" Also added a "current_attr" for "currently applied display attributes" * Graphics.Vty.Image: * "horzcat" is now "horiz_cat" * "vertcat" is now "vert_cat" * "renderBS" is now "utf8_bytestring" * "renderChar" is now "char" * "renderFill" is now "char_fill" * added a "utf8_string" and "string" (AKA "iso_10464_string") for UTF-8 encoded Strings and ISO-10464 encoded Strings. String literals in GHC have an ISO-10464 runtime representation. * Graphics.Vty.Picture: * exports Graphics.Vty.Image * "pic" is now "pic_for_image" * added API for setting background fill pattern. * Completely rewritten output backend. * Efficient, scanline style output span generator. Has not been fully optimized, but good enough. * The details required to display the desired picture on a terminal are well encapsulated. * Terminfo based display terminal implementation. With specialized derivitives for xterm, Terminal.app, and iTerm.app. * Attempts to robustly handle even terminals that don't support all display attributes. * I've tested the following terminals with success: iTerm.app, Terminal.app, xterm, rxvt, mlterm, Eterm, gnome-terminal, konsole, screen, linux vty. Hopefully you will be as successfull. * Improved unicode support. Double wide characters will display as expected. * 256 color support. See Graphics.Vty.Attributes.Color240. The actual output color is adjusted according to the number of colors the terminal supports. * The Graphics.Vty.Image combinators no longer require matching dimensions to arguments. Unspecified areas are filled in with a user-customizable background pattern. See Graphics.Vty.Picture. * output images are always cropped to display size. * Significant code coverage by QuickCheck tests. An interactive test for those final properties that couldn't be automatically verified.
issues resolved: * "gnome terminal displays non-basic attributes as strikethrough" * http://trac.haskell.org/vty/ticket/14 * "Multi-byte characters are not displayed correctly on update" * http://trac.haskell.org/vty/ticket/10 * "Redraw does not handle rendering a line that extends beyond screen width characters" * http://trac.haskell.org/vty/ticket/13 * "The <|> and <-> combinators should be more forgiving of mismatched dimensions" * http://trac.haskell.org/vty/ticket/9 * "256-color support" * http://trac.haskell.org/vty/ticket/19