The yet-another-logger package
This is a package candidate release! Here you can preview how this package release will appear once published to the main package index (which can be accomplished via the 'maintain' link below). Please note that once a package has been published to the main package index it cannot be undone! Please consult the package uploading documentation for more information.
A logging framework written with flexibility and performance in mind.
= Quick Start
import System.Logger main ∷ IO () main = withConsoleLogger Info $ do logg Info "moin" withLabel ("function", "f") f logg Warn "tschüss" where f = withLevel Debug $ do logg Debug "debug f"
This Version is yet a preview
The logging system consists of four main parts:
1. The logging front-end are those types and functions that are used to produce log messages in the code. This includes the LogLevel type, the LogPolicy type, the LogLabel and LogScope types, the LogFunction type, and the MonadLog type class.
2. The abstract LoggerCtx is the context through which the LogFunction delivers log messages to the logger back-end.
3. The formatter is a function for serializing log messages.
4. The logger back-end is a callback that is invoked by Logger on each log messages. The logger back-end applies the formatting function and delivers the log messages to some sink.
The framework allows to combine this components in a modular way. The front-end types, the Logger, and the back-end callback are represented by types or type classes. The formatter exists only as a concept in the implementation of back-ends. These types and concepts together form the abstract logger interface that is defined in the module System.Logger.Types.
The package also provides a concrete Logger that implements these components in the module System.Logger.Logger and System.Logger.Backend.Handle
[Skip to ReadMe]
|Versions||0.0.1, 0.1, 0.1.1, 0.1.1.1, 0.1.1.1, 0.2, 0.2.1, 0.2.2, 0.2.3, 0.2.3.1, 0.3.0|
|Dependencies||aeson (>=0.7), ansi-terminal (>=0.6), async (>=2.0), base (==4.*), base-unicode-symbols (>=0.2), bytestring (>=0.10), case-insensitive (>=1.2), configuration-tools (>=0.2.8), deepseq (>=1.3), either (>=4.3), enclosed-exceptions (>=1.0), lens (>=4.6), lifted-base (>=0.2.3), monad-control (>=1.0), mtl (>=2.2), optparse-applicative (>=0.11), stm (>=2.4), stm-chans (>=3.0), text (>=1.2), trace (>=0.1), transformers (>=0.3), transformers-base (>=0.4) [details]|
|Copyright||Copyright (c) 2014-2015 PivotCloud, Inc.|
|Author||Lars Kuhtz <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Maintainer||Lars Kuhtz <email@example.com>|
|Source repository||head: git clone https://github.com/alephcloud/hs-yet-another-logger|
this: git clone https://github.com/alephcloud/hs-yet-another-logger -b master(tag 0.1.1.1)
|Uploaded||Mon Mar 30 19:14:43 UTC 2015 by larsk|
- yet-another-logger-0.1.1.1.tar.gz [browse] (Cabal source package)
- Package description (included in the package)
For package maintainers and hackage trustees