The core actions of yi. This module is the link between the editor and the UI. Key bindings, and libraries should manipulate Yi through the interface defined here.
- module Yi.Dynamic
- module Yi.Keymap
- module Yi.Editor
- module Yi.Buffer
- module Yi.Keymap.Keys
- startEditor :: Config -> Maybe Editor -> IO ()
- quitEditor :: YiM ()
- refreshEditor :: YiM ()
- suspendEditor :: YiM ()
- userForceRefresh :: YiM ()
- msgEditor :: String -> YiM ()
- errorEditor :: String -> YiM ()
- closeWindow :: YiM ()
- runProcessWithInput :: String -> String -> YiM String
- startSubprocess :: FilePath -> [String] -> (Either SomeException ExitCode -> YiM x) -> YiM BufferRef
- sendToProcess :: BufferRef -> String -> YiM ()
- runAction :: Action -> YiM ()
- withSyntax :: (Show x, YiAction a x) => (forall syntax. Mode syntax -> syntax -> a) -> YiM ()
- focusAllSyntax :: Editor -> Editor
Construction and destruction
Start up the editor, setting any state with the user preferences and file names passed in, and turning on the UI
Global editor actions
Close the current window.
If this is the last window open, quit the program.
CONSIDER: call quitEditor when there are no other window in the
(Not possible since the windowset type disallows it -- should it be relaxed?)
Interacting with external commands
Pipe a string through an external command, returning the stdout chomp any trailing newline (is this desirable?)
Todo: varients with marks?
Start a subprocess with the given command and arguments.