GHC Trac Home
Working on GHC
Mailing Lists & IRC
All Feature Req's
Tickets I Created
Patches for review
New Feature Req
Forgot your password?
side by side
lines around each change
White space changes
10/31/12 10:32:18 (
* The ability to change ''at runtime'' the number of processors running Haskell threads.
* The first supported GHC for 64-bit Windows.
* Type-level literal symbols.
Here is what we have been up to in the last six months:
* '''SIMD primitives.''' The `simd` branch now supports passing SSE vector values in machine registers. We expect the `simd` branch to be merged in time for 7.8.
* '''Type-nat solver.''' Iavor S. Diatchki has been working on the type-checker to add support for discharging constraints involving arithmetic operations at the type-level. This work is on the `type-nats` branch of GHC. The basic support for common operations is fairly stable, and now it is in the testing phase. The most externally visible changes to the solver are: experimental support for matching on type-level naturals, using an auxiliary type family , and the module GHC.TypeLits was refactored to make it compatible with Richard Eisenberg's `singletons` library . Next, we plan to work on integration with the `master` branch, and experimental support for the inverse operations of what's currently in the solver (i.e., (-), (/), Log, Root).
As always there is far more to do than we can handle, and there is loads of space for people to contribute. Do join us!
 Dependently typed programming with singletons, Richard Eisenberg et al, HS'12 [http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~eir/pubs.html] [[BR]]
 Holes in GHC: [http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Holes] [[BR]]
 Overlapping type family instances: [http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/NewAxioms]
 Overlapping type family instances: [http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/NewAxioms] [[BR]]
 Matching on type nats: [http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/TypeNats/MatchingOnNats] [[BR]]
 Singletons and kinds: [http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/TypeNats/SingletonsAndKinds] [[BR]]