|Version 30 (modified by simonmar, 7 years ago)|
Welcome to the GHC Developer Wiki
This is the home for GHC developers, one place for all the resources related to developing GHC. If you're only interested in using GHC, then you probably want The GHC home page instead.
Please help us improve the information here. You can easily do this by editing the wiki directly. Just log in as user guest with password guest. The "Help/Guide" link at the top of every page gives a good description of the markup language etc.
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.
Release cycle status
- The STABLE branch is ghc-6-4-branch in CVS. Bugfixes (only) are being merged in from the HEAD. We are using CVS for this branch, the next STABLE branch will be a darcs repository. The next release of this branch will be 6.4.2, which is due around February 2006.
- The HEAD is in darcs now (see below). We will be branching the HEAD for version 6.6 at some point, still to be decided, but probably around Spring 2006.
- Download snapshots here.
The bug tracker
Our source code is kept in a collection of darcs repositories.
We recently transitioned from using CVS as our revision control system to darcs. The darcs repositories have full history, but in case you need to look at the CVS trees:
How to get started with hacking on GHC:
- Pick an easy bug report or task to work on
- Grab the latest sources
- Set up your build tree
- Useful information about GHC's architecture is in the commentary
- Hack away... ask questions on the cvs-ghc mailing list
- Submit patches back, using darcs send is the recommended way.