Ticket #551 (closed defect: fixed)
cabal-install config file lacking
|Reported by:||guest||Owned by:|
|GHC Version:||Platform:||Mac OS|
Description (last modified by guest) (diff)
1. cabal-install can't work without a remote package server address.
2. this server should be specified in the ~/.cabal/config file.
3. cabal-install 0.6.2 does not provide such a file.
4. instructions on cabal-install page say that this file will be downloaded through a "cabal update" command.
5. however as no server is provided, "cabal update" can't download anything...
6. Goto step 2...
So now I have cabal-install, but it just does not do its work... Hence the "high" prority.