Ticket #65 (closed enhancement: fixed)
reorganize layered tool system (cabal-get, cabal-install, cabal-setup, etc)
|Reported by:||ijones||Owned by:||ijones|
Description (last modified by ijones) (diff)
The CabalInstall page describes possible layered tools. Here's the proposal for how it should work.
This is a meta-ticket to track several tasks:
- Thin out cabal-get so it can be distributed w/ cabal, and have it take over most of the [source:cabal-install/CabalInstall.hs cabal-install] features (trcaking down dependencies locally, not just remotely)
- sticking point: gnupg. make it optional and highly suggested?
- Cabal 1.2 should include this thinned out cabal-get
- implement cabal-setup (or whatever) as a pretty simple layered tool
- eliminate the cabal-install layer, replace with cabal-get.