Ticket #87 (closed task: fixed)
robustify & release cabal-get
|Reported by:||paolo||Owned by:||paolo|
Description (last modified by ijones) (diff)
Plan towards the goal of making cabal-get working in local installs:
The high-level details can be found in this ticket and the ones it links to. These should probably be cleaned up a bit.
- Deploy hackageDB directory hierarchy as here.
- test cabal-get on your local directory hierarchy, coordinate w/ audrey to understand how to do this, or ask Isaac for help
- finish implementing the "put" program found here.
- the only probelm with it is that 00-latest.txt isn't generated correctly yet
- Deploy directories and "put" on monk
- consider changing the format of 00-latest.txt
- do we want md5sums there?
- upload all work and publically announce end of first phase
- Finish up the work started on ticket #65.
- Fix the churns in dependencies hierarchy
- Take xml-rpc away completely
- Chase the other dependencies
- Simplify hackageDB architecture
- Take xml-rpc away from here too
- Take the web frontend away for now, or update it to use the 00-latest.txt
- Get cabal, cabal-get buildable on student computer locally