|Version 3 (modified by bringert, 6 years ago)|
cabal-upload is a command-line tool for uploading Cabal packages to HackageDB.
cabal-upload <username> <password> <path to tarball>
Here <username> and <password> are your credentials for the Hackage web interface.
$ sudo cabal-install install cabal-upload
The development version is available in the cabal-upload directory of the Cabal darcs repository:
- Output error messages as plain text instead of HTML. If it would send Accept: text/plain, perhaps the web interface could use that to give a nice text response.
- Don't show request and response headers.
- Take password from terminal to avoid storing it in the shell history?
- Allow storing username and password in a file?
- Use digest authentication? Does the hackage web server support that?
- Run cabal-setup sdist and upload the resulting tarball.
- Add command line options:
- -vN: at high verbosity, show request and response data
- Support for stored passwords
- --check: Send to check-pkg instead of upload-pkg.
- Improve HTTP package API to make programs like cabal-upload simpler.