|Version 23 (modified by guest, 7 years ago)|
The Hackage Wiki and Bug Tracker
Cabal and Hackage have some wiki pages over at the Haskell Wiki. Feel free to move them here!
How to Edit Pages
Log in with username guest and password haskell' (note the apostrophe at the end).
- Cabal Web Page
- HackageDB - the Haskell Package Database
- Help on using this wiki.
What is Hackage?
Hackage is a Haskell community development project consisting of a number of components related to Cabal:
- The library, command-line interface, and package description format for a single package. Cabal is the lowest-level tool for Haskell package management. It is included with most Haskell implementations, but is also released separately.
- A convenience tool for installing a single cabal package. This tool compiles the Setup.lhs script, if necessary, or if there is no Setup.lhs script, it acts like one. It is part of the cabal source.
- The database of Cabal packages, like CPAN for Haskell. This is currently in beta, and you can only add a package if you have a login on darcs.haskell.org, by running "cabal-put tarfile". Anyone else should ask on email@example.com.
- A tool for installing multiple cabal packages, including downloading packages from HackageDB and determining the dependencies among packages. This tool is in development and not yet available except in the darcs distribution of cabal. It is a part of the cabal source.
- Not yet available. A tool to be run on hackage.haskell.org for adding packages to HackageDB.
- other tools
- cabal-get: The old version of cabal-install, now defunct.
- cabal-put: A client-side version of cabal-server-install; currently defunct. May be resurrected someday.