|Version 29 (modified by ross@…, 6 years ago)|
The Hackage Wiki and Bug Tracker
This wiki and bug tracker are for the Hackage and Cabal projects.
What is Hackage?
Hackage is a community development project consisting of a number of components related to packaging Haskell software:
- The library, command-line interface, and package description format for a single package. Cabal is the lowest-level tool for Haskell package management. It is included with most Haskell implementations, but is also released separately.
- A convenience tool for installing a single cabal package. This tool compiles the Setup.lhs script, if necessary, or if there is no Setup.lhs script, acts like one. It is part of the cabal source.
- The database of Cabal packages, like CPAN for Haskell. A web interface is currently in beta.
- A tool that can be run on hackage.haskell.org to add a Cabal package to HackageDB. Obviously this is only available to those with a login on that machine; anyone else should ask on the libraries mailing list. (The older client-side cabal-put? is currently defunct, but some means for uploading packages may reappear.)
- A tool for installing multiple cabal packages, including downloading packages from HackageDB and determining the dependencies among packages. This tool is in development and not yet available except in the darcs distribution of cabal. (Its predecessor, cabal-get?, is now defunct.)
The bug tracker
To report bugs (or edit Wiki pages), you'll need to log in with username guest and password haskell' (note the apostrophe at the end).
Other starting points
- Debian-related bugs
- Help on using this wiki.
- Cabal and Hackage have some wiki pages over at the Haskell Wiki. Feel free to move them here!