|Version 38 (modified by nominolo@…, 6 years ago)|
The Hackage Wiki and Bug Tracker
This wiki and bug tracker are for the Hackage and Cabal projects.
What is Hackage?
Hackage is a community development project consisting of a number of components related to packaging Haskell software:
- The library, command-line interface, and package description format for a single package. Cabal is the lowest-level tool for Haskell package management. It is included with most Haskell implementations, but is also released separately.
- A convenience tool for installing a single cabal package, with the same command-line interface as a Cabal setup script. This tool compiles the Setup.lhs script, if necessary, using the right version of Cabal (based on the .cabal file) or if there is no Setup.lhs script, acts like one. The development version is available in a darcs repository at http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/cabal-setup/.
- The database of Cabal packages (like CPAN for Haskell), with a web interface for browsing, checking and uploading packages.
- A command-line tool for uploading packages to HackageDB, as an alternative to the web form.
- A command-line tool for installing multiple cabal packages, including downloading packages from HackageDB and determining the dependencies among packages.
The bug tracker
To report bugs (or edit Wiki pages), you'll need to log in with username guest and password haskell' (note the apostrophe at the end).
Other starting points
- Debian-related bugs
- Help on using this wiki.
- Track the progress of the Summer of Code project to implement CabalConfigurations
- Cabal and Hackage have some wiki pages over at the Haskell Wiki. Feel free to move them here!