|Version 58 (modified by duncan, 4 years ago)|
The Hackage Wiki and Bug Tracker
This wiki and bug tracker are for the Hackage and Cabal projects.
What is Hackage?
Hackage is a community development project consisting of a number of components related to packaging Haskell software:
- The library, and package description format for a single package. Cabal is the lowest-level tool for Haskell package management. It is included with most Haskell implementations, but is also released separately.
- The database of Cabal packages (like CPAN for Haskell), with a web interface for browsing, checking and uploading packages.
- The command-line interface for Cabal. It provides commands for installing cabal packages, including downloading packages from HackageDB and determining the dependencies among packages. It also provides commands for developers to configure, build, test and upload packages to HackageDB.
The bug tracker
Once you are logged in then you can report bugs, make feature requests or edit Wiki pages.
Starting points for new Cabal hackers
- SourceGuide - a quick guide to the Cabal source code
- CabalConfigurations - info on the configurations feature
- Get the code - instructions (using darcs).
- Development mailing list - subscribe to this to get discuss cabal issues and get notification of patches and tickets.
- Easy Tickets - bugs or features that should not take too long or require much experience of the Cabal code.
- Current tickets - all the issues we would like to fix in at the next release.
Other resources for developers
- Development discussion:
- StableInterfaces - what level of stability you can expect of various Cabal interfaces
- HackageTools? - links to some other tools that use the Cabal/Hackage infrastructure
- RubyGems - comparison to Ruby's standard packaging system
- Hackage theme song
- Help on using this wiki.