Ticket #1122 (closed proposed-project: wontfix)
HTTP Library Replacement
|Reported by:||desp||Owned by:||none|
Description (last modified by adept) (diff)
Provide a replacement library for the HTTP package, addressing key concerns voiced about the current implementation.
The replacement should offer marked improvement in several areas, including:
- Convenient interfaces, suitable for both simple and complicated HTTP clients;
- Familiar error reporting mechanisms;
- Solid back-end.
- Liberal usage of ByteString, for great speedup.
- Bryan O'Sullivan < http://www.serpentine.com/blog>
- Dmitry Astapov <dastapov@…>
- Stephen Dolan <stedolan@…>
- Brandon Wilson <bmw.stx@…>