Ticket #1127 (new proposed-project)
Machine learning library
|Reported by:||KetilMalde||Owned by:||none|
Description (last modified by mboyanov) (diff)
Note that this was proposed some years ago, and any prospective student should first identify a suitable mentor, and discuss the details with her.
Machine learning includes many methods (e.g, neural networks, support vector machines, hidden markov models, genetic algorithms, self-organizing maps) that are applicable to classification and/or pattern recognition problems in many fields.
A selection of these methods should be implemented as a Haskell library, the choice would depend on the qualifications and interests of the student. Optionally, a more limited library with an application using it could be implemented.
My main interest is in bioinformatics, but as machine learning methods are useful in a vast number of fields, I'm happy to hear from prospective mentors and other people who are interested, as well as from prospective applicants.
Previously Interested Students
- Anil Vaitla <avaitla16@…> (Matrix Decompositions, SVM, and HMM)
- Andreas Launila < http://lokoin.org/contact> (SVM and HMM)
- Jiri Hysek (dvekravy) <xhysek02@…> (NN and GA)
- Charles Blundell <blundellc@…> (SVM, HMM, ID3/C4.5; already done NN, Q-learn, SOM, ~GA)
- P McArthur < http://www.dysfunctor.org/about/> (Hidden Markov Model)
- Dave Tapley <dukedave@…> (Studying: < http://www.cse.dmu.ac.uk/msccir/structure.html>)
- Ivan Dilchovski <root.darkstar@…> (currently doing graduation paper on NN)
- Dinesh G<g.dinesh.cse@…> (SVM, PCA, SVD, Random Projection, Cluterings techniques) Currently doing my masters in Indian Institute Of Science. Area Of Interest: Machine learning
- Moises Osorio <wcoder.mx@…> (Genetic algorithms)
Currently Interested Students
- Martin Boyanov <mboyanov@…> (HMM, k-means clustering, Naive Bayes,neural networks)