Register a new account
Certain actions on this website require you to have an account. In particular you need an account to be able to upload or help maintain packages.
Using the form below you can register an account.
Open source licenses
The code and other material you upload and distribute via this site must be under an open source license. This is a service operated for the benefit of the community and that is our policy. It is also so that we can operate the service in compliance with copyright laws.
The Hackage operators do not want to be in the business of making judgements on what is and is not a valid open source license, but we retain the right to remove packages that are not under licenses that are open source in spirit, or that conflict with our ability to operate this service. (If you want advice, see the ones Cabal recommends.)
The Hackage operators do not need and are not asking for any rights beyond those granted by the open source license you choose to use. All normal open source licenses grant enough rights to be able to operate this service.
In particular, we expect as a consequence of the license that:
- we have the right to distribute what you have uploaded to other people
- we have the right to distribute certain derivatives and format conversions,
including but not limited to:
- documentation derived from the package
- alternative presentations and formats of code (e.g. html markup)
- excerpts and presentation of package metadata
- modified versions of package metadata