Changelog for free-4.9
either support. Why? It dragged in a large number of dependencies we otherwise don't support, and so is probably best inverted.
- Allow complation with older versions of
base. (Foldable didn't add foldl' until base 4.6)
- Added a
MonadFree instance for
EitherT (frrom the
- Support for
- Added more versions of
prelude-extras support. This makes it possible to work without
UndecidableInstances for most operations.
- Removed the
- Víctor López Juan and Fabian Ruch added many documentation improvements and a whole host of proofs of correctness.
- Improvements in the template haskell code generator.
- Added instances for
MonadCont where appropriate, thanks to Nickolay Kudasov.
- Made modifications to some
Data instances to work correctly on both GHC 7.8.1rc1 and 7.8.1rc2.
FreeT f  instead and the result will be law-abiding.
Control.Alternative.Free with a new approach that is law-abiding for left-distributive Alternatives.
makeFree to make it easier to write free monads.
- Added missing instances for
MonadCont where appropriate.
- Added a default signature to
wrap, based on a construction by @fizruk.
- Updated to work with
instance ComonadCofree Maybe NonEmpty
instance ComonadCofree (Const b) ((,) b)
- Added support for GHC 7.7's polykinded
- Added instance
MonadFree f (ContT r m)
- Refactored build system
- Removed upper bounds on my own intra-package dependencies
kan-extensions into this package.