Functions I found useful for doing webapps with HStringTemplate.
More usage examples can be found by grep -r "Text.StringTemplate.Helpers" in happs-tutorial, on hackage.
- directoryGroups' :: (FilePath -> IO a) -> FilePath -> IO (Map FilePath a)
- directoryGroups :: Stringable a => FilePath -> IO (Map FilePath (STGroup a))
- directoryGroupsOld :: Stringable a => FilePath -> IO (Map FilePath (STGroup a))
- dirgroupKeys :: Stringable a => STDirGroups a -> [FilePath]
- getTemplateGroup :: Stringable a => FilePath -> STDirGroups a -> STGroup a
- renderTemplateDirGroup :: ToSElem a => STDirGroups String -> FilePath -> String -> [(String, a)] -> String
- lookupDirgroup :: Stringable a => FilePath -> STDirGroups a -> Maybe (STGroup a)
- renderTemplateGroup :: ToSElem a => STGroup String -> [(String, a)] -> [Char] -> String
- render1 :: [(String, String)] -> String -> String
- type STDirGroups a = Map FilePath (STGroup a)
- readTmplDef :: Read b => b -> STGroup String -> FilePath -> b
- readTmplM :: (Monad m, Read a) => STGroup String -> FilePath -> m a
- readTmplTuples :: STGroup String -> String -> [(String, String)]
- badTmplVarName :: String -> Bool
- directoryGroupNew' :: Stringable a => (FilePath -> Bool) -> (String -> Bool) -> FilePath -> IO (STGroup a)
Helper function to calculate a map of directory groups from a top-level directory
Each directory gives rise to its own groups.
Groups are independent; groups from higher in the directory structure do not have access to groups lower.
The top group has key "." (mnemonic, current directory), other groups have key names of subdirectories, including the starting ., eg "./templates/path/to/subdir"
Strict directoryGroups, which is the right thing.
Non-strict. I'm pretty sure this is wrong. Based on default directoryGroup function in HStringTemplate package
The STGroup can't be shown in a useful way because it's a function type, but you can at least show the directories via Data.Map.keys.
example: getTG "./baselayout" ts'
example: renderTemplateDirGroup ts' "./baselayout" "base"
Chooses a template from an STGroup, or errors if not found.
Render that template using attrs.
If a template k/v pair is repeated, it appears twice. (Perhaps a clue to buggy behavior?)
Repeated keys could be eliminated by running clean:
clean = nubBy (\(a1,b1) (a2,b2) -> a1 == a2) . sortBy (\(a1,b1) (a2,b2) -> a1 `compare` a2)
The ToSElem type is probably either String or [String]
render1 [("name","Bill")] "Hi, my name is $name$" render1 attribs tmpl = render . setManyAttrib attribs . newSTMP $ tmpl
directoryGroup helper function for more flexibility, and rewritten to use do notation rather than applicative style that melted my brain.
ignoreTemplate specifies a filter for templates that should be skipped, eg backup files etc.
errorTemplate specifies a filter which will cause function to fail.
directoryGroupHAppS = directoryGroupNew' ignoret badTmplVarName where ignoret f = not . null . filter (=='#') $ f