|Portability||non-portable (not tested)|
|Maintainer||Sigbjorn Finne <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
Transmitting HTTP requests and responses holding
String in their payload bodies.
This is one of the implementation modules for the Network.HTTP interface, representing
request and response content as
Strings and transmitting them in non-packed form
(cf. Network.HTTP.HandleStream and its use of
It is mostly here for backwards compatibility, representing how requests and responses
were transmitted up until the 4.x releases of the HTTP package.
For more detailed information about what the individual exports do, please consult the documentation for Network.HTTP. Notice however that the functions here do not perform any kind of normalization prior to transmission (or receipt); you are responsible for doing any such yourself, or, if you prefer, just switch to using Network.HTTP function instead.
- module Network.Stream
- simpleHTTP :: Request_String -> IO (Result Response_String)
- simpleHTTP_ :: Stream s => s -> Request_String -> IO (Result Response_String)
- sendHTTP :: Stream s => s -> Request_String -> IO (Result Response_String)
- sendHTTP_notify :: Stream s => s -> Request_String -> IO () -> IO (Result Response_String)
- receiveHTTP :: Stream s => s -> IO (Result Request_String)
- respondHTTP :: Stream s => s -> Response_String -> IO ()
Simple way to transmit a resource across a non-persistent connection.
simpleHTTP, but acting on an already opened stream.
Receive and parse a HTTP request from the given Stream. Should be used for server side interactions.