|Portability||portable (needs FFI)|
Functionality used by various modules and routines for initialization and change of global variables.
- initChipmunk :: IO ()
- type CpFloat = Double
- infinity :: CpFloat
- type Time = CpFloat
- type Angle = CpFloat
- type Distance = CpFloat
- type Damping = CpFloat
- resetShapeCounter :: IO ()
- getContactPersistence :: IO CInt
- setContactPersistence :: CInt -> IO ()
- getCollisionSlop :: IO CpFloat
- setCollisionSlop :: CpFloat -> IO ()
- type BiasCoef = CpFloat
- getBiasCoef :: IO BiasCoef
- setBiasCoef :: BiasCoef -> IO ()
- getConstraintBiasCoef :: IO BiasCoef
- setConstraintBiasCoef :: BiasCoef -> IO ()
- data Vector = Vector !CpFloat !CpFloat
- type Position = Vector
- fromAngle :: Angle -> Vector
- len :: Vector -> CpFloat
- normalize :: Vector -> Vector
- scale :: Vector -> CpFloat -> Vector
- toAngle :: Vector -> Angle
- dot :: Vector -> Vector -> CpFloat
- cross :: Vector -> Vector -> CpFloat
- perp :: Vector -> Vector
- project :: Vector -> Vector -> Vector
- rotate :: Vector -> Vector -> Vector
- unrotate :: Vector -> Vector -> Vector
Initilizes the Chipmunk library. This should be called once before using any functions of this library.
Basic data types
Type synonym used to hint that the argument or result represents an angle in radians.
Type synonym used to hint that the argument or result represents a distance.
Type synonym used to hint that the argument or result represents a damping constant.
Chipmunk tries to maintain a very few number of global
variables to allow multiple
Spaces to be used
simultaneously, however there are some.
The shape counter is a global counter used for creating unique hash identifiers to the shapes.
resetShapeCounter reset the shape counter to its default
value. This is used to add determinism to a simulation. As
the ids created with this counter may affect the order in
which the collisions happen, there may be very slight
differences in different simulations. It may be very useful
resetShapeCounter everytime you start a new
However, be careful as you should not use shapes created
before a call to
resetCounter with shapes created after it
as they may have the same id. This means that you can't add
shapes created after the call to a space created before it.
This variable determines how long contacts should persist. It should be small as the cached contacts will only be close for a short time. (default is 3)
The collision slop is the amount that shapes are allowed to penetrate. Setting this to zero will work just fine, but using a small positive amount will help prevent oscillating contacts. (default is 0.1)
The amount of penetration to reduce in each step. Values should range from 0 to 1. Using large values will eliminate penetration in fewer steps, but can cause vibration. (default is 0.1)
Constraint bias coefficient
Similar to the bias coefficient, but sets the default bias for all constraints. (default is 0.1)
Type synonym used to hint that the argument or result represents a position.
Constructs an unitary vector pointing to the given angle (in radians).
toAngle v is the angle that
with the vector
Vector 1 0 (modulo
perp v is a vector of same length as
v but perpendicular
toAngle (perp v) - toAngle v equals
v1 `rotate` v2 uses complex multiplication
to rotate (and scale)