The NoSlow package
NoSlow is a benchmark suite for several Haskell array libraries: standard lists, primitive sequential arrays from the DPH project, uvector, vector (primitive, storable and boxed arrays) and storablevector. At the moment, it implements a bunch of fairly random loop micro-kernels but will include many more benchmarks in the future.
In its present state, NoSlow cannot be used to reliably compare the performance of the benchmarked libraries. It can be quite helpful for identifying cases where a closer inspection of the generated code might be warranted, however.
The package builds two binaries.
- noslow -u log
- runs the benchmarks and writes the results to log
- noslow-table log > table.html
- outputs the results as a HTML table. It also supports the following options.
- noslow-table log --type=Double
- only outputs the results of Double benchmarks.
- noslow-table --diff log1 log2
- produces a table comparing the results from log1 and log2 (2 means the first run was 2x slower than the second; 0.5 means 2x faster).
NoSlow is described in more detail here: http://unlines.wordpress.com/2009/11/27/noslow/.
|Versions||0.1, 0.1.1, 0.2|
|Dependencies||base (>=3 && <5), containers, criterion (>=0.2), dph-base, dph-prim-seq, storablevector, template-haskell, uvector, vector [details]|
|Copyright||Roman Leshchinskiy 2009|
|Author||Roman Leshchinskiy <email@example.com>|
|Maintainer||Roman Leshchinskiy <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Uploaded||Thu Nov 26 15:08:08 UTC 2009 by RomanLeshchinskiy|
|Downloads||781 total (5 in the last 30 days)|
|Status||Docs not available [build log]
All reported builds failed as of 2015-12-08 [all 6 reports]
Use -f <flag> to enable a flag, or -f -<flag> to disable that flag. More info
For package maintainers and hackage trustees