|Copyright||(c) The University of Glasgow, 1994-2002|
|Portability||non-portable (GHC extensions)|
Basic concurrency stuff.
- ensureIOManagerIsRunning :: IO ()
- ioManagerCapabilitiesChanged :: IO ()
- threadDelay :: Int -> IO ()
- registerDelay :: Int -> IO (TVar Bool)
- threadWaitRead :: Fd -> IO ()
- threadWaitWrite :: Fd -> IO ()
- threadWaitReadSTM :: Fd -> IO (STM (), IO ())
- threadWaitWriteSTM :: Fd -> IO (STM (), IO ())
- closeFdWith :: (Fd -> IO ()) -> Fd -> IO ()
Suspends the current thread for a given number of microseconds (GHC only).
There is no guarantee that the thread will be rescheduled promptly when the delay has expired, but the thread will never continue to run earlier than specified.
Set the value of returned TVar to True after a given number of microseconds. The caveats associated with threadDelay also apply.
Returns an STM action that can be used to wait for data to read from a file descriptor. The second returned value is an IO action that can be used to deregister interest in the file descriptor.
Returns an STM action that can be used to wait until data can be written to a file descriptor. The second returned value is an IO action that can be used to deregister interest in the file descriptor.
|:: (Fd -> IO ())|
Low-level action that performs the real close.
File descriptor to close.
|-> IO ()|
Close a file descriptor in a concurrency-safe way (GHC only). If
you are using
threadWaitWrite to perform
blocking I/O, you must use this function to close file
descriptors, or blocked threads may not be woken.