A reproduction method for artificial lifeforms where:
- Each agent has a single strand of genetic information.
- Each child has two parents.
- Each parent contributes approximately half of its genetic information to the offspring.
A species that reproduces, transmitting genetic information to
its offspring. Minimal complete definition: all except
Recombines the genetic information from two parents, creating genetic information for potential offspring.
Typically this involves the following steps:
- Recombine the two strands of genetic information (one from each parent) to obtain two new strands.
- Discard one strand, and return the remaining one.
Builds an agent based on the genome provided, if it is possible to do so.