The direct-http package
This package is a native implementation of the HTTP and HTTPS protocols. It lives as a library, exporting an interface reminiscent of CGI or FastCGI. Thus policy on how namespace is mapped to files and/or scripts is entirely up to the client application.
This package is partially compatible with direct-fastcgi by the same author, but is intended more by way of a replacement for it than a companion to it, and makes several design decisions differently. The biggest is the use of MonadControlBase for exceptions.
- Version 0.6
- Substantial reworking of MVar handling, using safer primitives to be much more robust in the face of exceptions in pure code.
- Version 0.5.3
- Actually works with extension headers, by admitting the reality that they can occur anytime and not just with an entity.
- Version 0.5.2
- Actually works with daemonization, by using a feature of direct-daemon added for this purpose to open the socket after forking but before dropping privileges.
- Version 0.5.1
- Uses SafeSemaphore, which is the future, rather than QSem from base, which is deprecated.
- Version 0.5.0.1
- This preliminary release is a preview to gauge community interest. Not even all major features are implemented; things that exist only as stubs include encryption, compression, chunking, and reading back cookies. Nonetheless it may be useful if run behind a reverse proxy that provides the missing features transparently, such as Apache.
|Versions||0.5, 0.5.0.1, 0.5.1, 0.5.2, 0.5.3, 0.6|
|Dependencies||base (>=4.5 && <5), bytestring (>=0.9.2.1 && <1), containers (>=0.4.2.1 && <1), direct-daemonize (>=3.1 && <4), lifted-base (>=0.1.1 && <2), monad-control (>=0.3.1.3 && <1), mtl (>=126.96.36.199 && <3), network (>=188.8.131.52 && <3), old-locale (>=184.108.40.206 && <2), SafeSemaphore (>=0.9.0 && <1), time (>=1.4 && <2), transformers-base (>=0.4.1 && <1), unix (>=220.127.116.11 && <3), utf8-string (>=0.3.7 && <1) [details]|
|Copyright||Copyright (c) 2012 Irene Knapp|
|Maintainer||"Irene Knapp" <email@example.com>|
|Uploaded||Fri Feb 22 03:58:24 UTC 2013 by IreneKnapp|
|Downloads||1281 total (2 in the last 30 days)|
|Status||Docs uploaded by user
Build status unknown [no reports yet]
For package maintainers and hackage trustees