The hath package
Hath is a Haskell program for working with network blocks in CIDR notation. When dealing with blocks of network addresses, there are a few things that one usually wants to do with them:
Create a regular expression matching the CIDR block(s). This is because grep will throw up if you feed it CIDR.
Combine small blocks into larger ones. For example, if you have two consecutive /24s, they might combine into a larger /23.
View the result of block combination in a useful way.
Find their associated PTR records.
Hath has several modes to perform these functions:
- This computes a (Perl-compatible) regular expression matching the input CIDR blocks. It's the default mode of operation.
- This combines small blocks into larger ones where possible, and eliminates redundant blocks. The output should be equivalent to the input, though.
- Shows only the blocks that would be removed by reduce; that is, it shows the ones that would get combined into larger blocks or are simply redundant.
- Shows what would change if you used reduce. Uses diff-like notation.
- List the IP addresses contained within the given CIDRs.
- Perform reverse DNS (PTR) lookups on the IP addresses contained within the given CIDRs.
Combine two /24s into a /23:
$ hath reduced <<< "10.0.0.0/24 10.0.1.0/24" 10.0.0.0/23
Create a perl-compatible regex to be fed to grep:
$ grep -P `hath regexed -i cidrs.txt` mail.log
List the addresses in 192.168.0.240/29:
$ hath listed <<< "192.168.0.240/29" 192.168.0.240 192.168.0.241 192.168.0.242 192.168.0.243 192.168.0.244 192.168.0.245 192.168.0.246 192.168.0.247
Perform PTR lookups on all of 188.8.131.52/30:
hath reversed <<< "184.108.40.206/30" 220.127.116.11: a.root-servers.net. 18.104.22.168: 22.214.171.124: rs.internic.net. 126.96.36.199:
- No changelog available
|Versions||0.0.1, 0.0.2, 0.0.3, 0.0.4, 0.0.5, 0.1.0, 0.1.1, 0.1.2, 0.2.0, 0.2.1|
|Dependencies||base (==4.6.*), bytestring (==0.10.*), dns (==1.*), HUnit (==1.2.*), MissingH (==1.2.*), parallel-io (==0.3.*), QuickCheck (==2.6.*), split (==0.2.*), test-framework (==0.8.*), test-framework-hunit (==0.3.*), test-framework-quickcheck2 (==0.3.*)|
|Maintainer||Michael Orlitzky <email@example.com>|
|Source repository||head: git clone http://michael.orlitzky.com/git/hath.git -b master|
|Upload date||Tue Oct 8 03:02:27 UTC 2013|
|Downloads||561 total (61 in last 30 days)|
For package maintainers and hackage trustees