Utilities for top-level modules and ghci. See also Hledger.Read and Hledger.Data.Utils.
- withJournalDo :: [Opt] -> [String] -> String -> ([Opt] -> [String] -> Journal -> IO ()) -> IO ()
- readJournalWithOpts :: [Opt] -> String -> IO Journal
- journalReload :: Journal -> IO (Either String Journal)
- journalReloadIfChanged :: [Opt] -> Journal -> IO (Either String Journal, Bool)
- journalFileIsNewer :: Journal -> IO Bool
- journalSpecifiedFileIsNewer :: Journal -> FilePath -> IO Bool
- fileModificationTime :: FilePath -> IO ClockTime
- openBrowserOn :: String -> IO ExitCode
- writeFileWithBackup :: FilePath -> String -> IO ()
- writeFileWithBackupIfChanged :: FilePath -> String -> IO Bool
- readFileStrictly :: FilePath -> IO String
- data Test = TestList [Test]
Parse the user's specified journal file and run a hledger command on it, or throw an error.
Get a journal from the given string and options, or throw an error.
Re-read a journal from its data file, or return an error string.
Re-read a journal from its data file mostly, only if the file has changed since last read (or if there is no file, ie data read from stdin). The provided options are mostly ignored. Return a journal or the error message while reading it, and a flag indicating whether it was re-read or not.
Has the journal's main data file changed since the journal was last read ?
Has the specified file (presumably one of journal's data files) changed since journal was last read ?
Get the last modified time of the specified file, or if it does not exist or there is some other error, the current time.
Attempt to open a web browser on the given url, all platforms.
Back up this file with a (incrementing) numbered suffix, then overwrite it with this new text, or give an error.
Back up this file with a (incrementing) numbered suffix then overwrite it with this new text, or give an error, but only if the text is different from the current file contents, and return a flag indicating whether we did anything.