- type Arg = String
- hWrite :: Handle -> String -> IO ()
- mkUnique :: IO FilePath
- hMkUnique :: IO (FilePath, Handle)
- mkUniqueIn :: FilePath -> IO FilePath
- hMkUniqueIn :: FilePath -> IO (FilePath, Handle)
- findFile :: [String] -> FilePath -> IO (Maybe FilePath)
- mkTemp :: IO (String, Handle)
- mkTempIn :: String -> IO (String, Handle)
- replaceSuffix :: FilePath -> String -> FilePath
- outFilePath :: FilePath -> [Arg] -> (FilePath, FilePath)
- dropSuffix :: FilePath -> FilePath
- mkModid :: String -> String
- changeFileExt :: FilePath -> String -> FilePath
- joinFileExt :: String -> String -> FilePath
- splitFileExt :: FilePath -> (String, String)
- isSublistOf :: Eq a => [a] -> [a] -> Bool
- dirname :: FilePath -> FilePath
- basename :: FilePath -> FilePath
- (</>), (<>), (<+>), (<.>) :: FilePath -> FilePath -> FilePath
- newer :: FilePath -> FilePath -> IO Bool
- encode :: String -> EncodedString
- decode :: EncodedString -> String
- type EncodedString = String
- panic :: String -> IO a
Get a new temp file, unique from those in /tmp, and from those modules already loaded. Very nice for merge/eval uses.
Will run for a long time if we can't create a temp file, luckily mkstemps gives us a pretty big search space
We use the Haskell version now... it is faster than calling into mkstemps(3).
create a new temp file, returning name and handle. bit like the mktemp shell utility
return the object file, given the .conf file i.e. homedonsfoo.rc -> homedonsfoo.o
we depend on the suffix we are given having a lead
The path information to modify.
The new extension (without a leading period). Specify an empty string to remove an existing extension from path.
A string containing the modified path information.
Changes the extension of a file path.
Split the path into file name and extension. If the file doesn't have extension, the function will return empty string. The extension doesn't include a leading period.
splitFileExt "foo.ext" == ("foo", "ext") splitFileExt "foo" == ("foo", "") splitFileExt "." == (".", "") splitFileExt ".." == ("..", "") splitFileExt "foo.bar."== ("foo.bar.", "")
dirname : return the directory portion of a file path if null, return .
is file1 newer than file2?
needs some fixing to work with 6.0.x series. (is this true?)
fileExist still seems to throw exceptions on some platforms: ia64 in particular.
invarient : we already assume the first file,
return the Z-Encoding of the string.
Stolen from GHC. Use -package ghc as soon as possible