- newtype Parser s t a = P (s -> [t] -> Result [t] s a)
- data Result z s a
- runParser :: Parser s t a -> s -> [t] -> (Either String a, s, [t])
- next :: Parser s t t
- satisfy :: (t -> Bool) -> Parser s t t
- stUpdate :: (s -> s) -> Parser s t ()
- stQuery :: (s -> a) -> Parser s t a
- stGet :: Parser s t s
- reparse :: [t] -> Parser s t ()
- module Text.ParserCombinators.Poly.Base
The Parser datatype
Parser datatype is a fairly generic parsing monad with error
reporting. It can be used for arbitrary token types, not just
String input. (If you require a running state, use module PolyState
A return type like Either, that distinguishes not only between right and wrong answers, but also has gradations of wrongness. This should only be used for writing very primitive parsers - really it is an internal detail of the library.
Apply a parser to an input token sequence.
Push some tokens back onto the front of the input stream and reparse. This is useful e.g. for recursively expanding macros. When the user-parser recognises a macro use, it can lookup the macro expansion from the parse state, lex it, and then stuff the lexed expansion back down into the parser.