|Portability||not portable, Typeable deriving, mtl, posix|
- manage :: Window -> X ()
- unmanage :: Window -> X ()
- killWindow :: Window -> X ()
- kill :: X ()
- windows :: (WindowSet -> WindowSet) -> X ()
- scaleRationalRect :: Rectangle -> RationalRect -> Rectangle
- setWMState :: Window -> Int -> X ()
- hide :: Window -> X ()
- reveal :: Window -> X ()
- clientMask :: EventMask
- setInitialProperties :: Window -> X ()
- refresh :: X ()
- clearEvents :: EventMask -> X ()
- tileWindow :: Window -> Rectangle -> X ()
- containedIn :: Rectangle -> Rectangle -> Bool
- nubScreens :: [Rectangle] -> [Rectangle]
- getCleanedScreenInfo :: MonadIO m => Display -> m [Rectangle]
- rescreen :: X ()
- setButtonGrab :: Bool -> Window -> X ()
- setTopFocus :: X ()
- focus :: Window -> X ()
- setFocusX :: Window -> X ()
- sendMessage :: Message a => a -> X ()
- broadcastMessage :: Message a => a -> X ()
- sendMessageWithNoRefresh :: Message a => a -> Workspace WorkspaceId (Layout Window) Window -> X ()
- updateLayout :: WorkspaceId -> Maybe (Layout Window) -> X ()
- setLayout :: Layout Window -> X ()
- screenWorkspace :: ScreenId -> X (Maybe WorkspaceId)
- withFocused :: (Window -> X ()) -> X ()
- isClient :: Window -> X Bool
- extraModifiers :: X [KeyMask]
- cleanMask :: KeyMask -> X KeyMask
- initColor :: Display -> String -> IO (Maybe Pixel)
- restart :: String -> Bool -> X ()
- floatLocation :: Window -> X (ScreenId, RationalRect)
- pointScreen :: Position -> Position -> X (Maybe (Screen WorkspaceId (Layout Window) Window ScreenId ScreenDetail))
- pointWithin :: Position -> Position -> Rectangle -> Bool
- float :: Window -> X ()
- mouseDrag :: (Position -> Position -> X ()) -> X () -> X ()
- mouseMoveWindow :: Window -> X ()
- mouseResizeWindow :: Window -> X ()
- type D = (Dimension, Dimension)
- mkAdjust :: Window -> X (D -> D)
- applySizeHints :: Integral a => Dimension -> SizeHints -> (a, a) -> D
- applySizeHintsContents :: Integral a => SizeHints -> (a, a) -> D
- applySizeHints' :: SizeHints -> D -> D
- applyAspectHint :: (D, D) -> D -> D
- applyResizeIncHint :: D -> D -> D
- applyMaxSizeHint :: D -> D -> D
Window manager operations manage. Add a new window to be managed in the current workspace. Bring it into focus.
Whether the window is already managed, or not, it is mapped, has its border set, and its event mask set.
unmanage. A window no longer exists, remove it from the window list, on whatever workspace it is.
Kill the specified window. If we do kill it, we'll get a delete notify back from X.
There are two ways to delete a window. Either just kill it, or if it supports the delete protocol, send a delete event (e.g. firefox)
windows. Modify the current window list with a pure function, and refresh
Produce the actual rectangle from a screen and a ratio on that screen.
reveal. Show a window by mapping it and setting Normal this is harmless if the window was already visible
Set some properties when we initially gain control of a window
refresh. Render the currently visible workspaces, as determined by
StackSet. Also, set focus to the focused window.
This is our
view operation (MVC), in that it pretty prints our model
with X calls.
clearEvents. Remove all events of a given type from the event queue.
tileWindow. Moves and resizes w such that it fits inside the given rectangle, including its border.
True if the first rectangle is contained within, but not equal
to the second.
Given a list of screens, remove all duplicated screens and screens that are entirely contained within another.
Cleans the list of screens according to the rules documented for nubScreens.
rescreen. The screen configuration may have changed (due to xrandr), update the state and refresh the screen, and reset the gap.
setButtonGrab. Tell whether or not to intercept clicks on a given window
Set focus explicitly to window
w if it is managed by us, or root.
This happens if X notices we've moved the mouse (and perhaps moved
the mouse to a new screen).
Throw a message to the current
LayoutClass possibly modifying how we
layout the windows, then refresh.
Send a message to a layout, without refreshing.
Update the layout field of a workspace
Return workspace visible on screen
X operation to the currently focused window, if there is one.
Combinations of extra modifier masks we need to grab keys/buttons for. (numlock and capslock)
Floating layer support
Given a window, find the screen it is located on, and compute the geometry of that window wrt. that screen.
Given a point, determine the screen (if any) that contains it.
pointWithin x y r returns
True if the
(x, y) co-ordinate is within
Given a window, build an adjuster function that will reduce the given dimensions according to the window's border width and size hints.
Reduce the dimensions if needed to comply to the given SizeHints, taking window borders into account.
Reduce the dimensions if needed to comply to the given SizeHints.
Reduce the dimensions so their aspect ratio falls between the two given aspect ratios.
Reduce the dimensions so they are a multiple of the size increments.