Changelog for DrIFT-2.4.2If this renders badly as markdown, see the plain text version
- Publish DrIFT in HackageDB.
- Get less warning message.
- redid build model, collect deriving rules automatically.
Mon Aug 14 19:22:26 PDT 2006 John Meacham email@example.com
- update autotools to make autoreconf work
- update README to reflect there no longer being a 'reconf' script
- get rid of recursive make in docs/ subdirectory
Thu Jan 25 21:04:02 PST 2007 John Meacham firstname.lastname@example.org
- add support for Data.Binary, move old Binary to BitsBinary
Mon Apr 10 00:39:24 PDT 2006 John Meacham email@example.com
- add note about reconf script
- make the parser handle newtype deriving without bailing out
- fix bug in Ord deriving rule
Wed Jan 18 03:59:21 PST 2006 David Roundy firstname.lastname@example.org
- fix typo in src/Makefile.am
Sun Nov 27 02:59:14 PST 2005 Malcolm.Wallace@cs.york.ac.uk
- Change rule for Haskell2XmlNew into XmlContent, add Parse rule. The Haskell2XmlNew class was a temporary staging post on the way to developing a new XmlContent class, available in HaXml-1.14 onwards. This patch updates the name, and the rule, to match the latest developments. It also adds support for the textual (non-XML) Parse class, which is an experimental replacement for the Read class, using monadic parser combinators. This is also currently defined in HaXml-1.14.
- docs should refer to StandardRules.hs, not .lhs
- fix docs for Hugs usage
- keep docs of --list option up-to-date
Tue Nov 15 18:09:40 PST 2005 Einar Karttunen email@example.com
- Hook Arbitrary into DrIFT proper
- Add UserRuleArbitrary
Thu Nov 3 02:52:38 PST 2005 John Meacham firstname.lastname@example.org
- fix data derving for new versions of ghc
- fix rpm building, autoconf and some general make issues
- fix warnings in generated binary instances
- fix autoconf warnings
Mon Sep 12 08:11:10 PDT 2005 Malcolm.Wallace@cs.york.ac.uk
- support for Haskell2XmlNew The HaXml library Haskell2Xml has been extended to make secondary parsing of the generic XML content tree into a typed value more robust. An API change means that a new version of the class (unimaginatively called Haskell2XmlNew) exists, and this patch adds the ability to generate parsing code for the new class.
- doc updates Fix some very out-of-date statements in the manual.
Tue May 31 16:17:12 PDT 2005 Samuel Bronson email@example.com
- avoid problems with hmake by invoking ghc -M directly
- Default to GHC to avoid NHC's tiny heap
Tue Apr 19 21:09:13 PDT 2005 John Meacham firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to flush handles pointing to files before quitting
- fix off-by-one line number error
- Remove reference to genconf
- Updated GenUtil.hs to fix nhc build
- added 'get' utility which creates foo_g for each label which returns its value in a failing monad rather than raising an error.
- added 'from' utility which creates fromFoo for each constructors
- no longer an error for DERIVEPATH to not be set
- added -i to ignore directives in file. useful with -g and -r for testing
- added 'Query' which creates from, get, has, and is functions, but in a class with an instance for the data type. useful for extensible data types
- added deriving rule for 'Monoid'
- added code subdirectory with support code
- added rule for GhcBinary
- now allows record syntax with newtype
- 'update' functions now pass through values without the specified field
- drift-ghc script added to be used with ghc by passing -pgmF drift-ghc -F
- documentation updated.
- deriving 'update' works with newer versions of ghc
- fixed bug in Show and Read instances
- fixed many warnings in generated code
- support for strict fields in constructors
- support for infix constructors
- added help messages and categorization to rules
- small isLiterate fix (TODO use nhcs deliterizer)
- prints debug info in comment in chaseImports
- code cleanups
- integrated some changes from Strafunski 1.7
- autoconf/automake improvements
- fixed version strings in generated files
- fix dependency generation
- fixed example test cases
- autoconf/automake added
- texinfo is installed properly now
- build system cleanups
- works with both nhc and ghc again
- new texinfo documentation, based on Noel's original manual.
- new option '-r' to only emit results and not original source
- new option '-g' to add new global rules to apply.
- cleaned up old non haskell98-compliant hacks
- proper GetOpt command line handling, allows you to specify an output file (-o) as well as list all possible derivations this version was compiled with (-l)
- proper LINE pragmas in generated code
- smarter error handling in some cases, parser smarter sometimes.
- can deal with/ignore as appropriate some ghc extensions now
- rules to derive Typeable used by the Dynamic library.
- rules to derive Observable from the HOOD object debugger
- rules to derive Term, a generic term representation for generic computation, can be used in a similar fashion to the Strafunski one, but has a number of advantages, fully lazy constant time implode/explode being the main one. (the external library is compatable with their work.)