Changelog for ad-184.108.40.206
- Removed broken
Numeric.AD.Rank1 combinators and moved most infinitesimal handling back out of the modes and into an
- Fixed a bug in the type of
conjugateGradientDescent that prevent users from being able to ever call it.
- Added the missing
instances.h header file to
- An overhaul permitting monomorphic modes was completed by @alang9.
- Add a
ForwardDouble monomorphic mode
- Added support for
inverf, etc. from
- Split the infinitesimal and mode into two separate parameters to facilitate inlining and easier extension of the API.
- Build system improvements
- Removed unused LANGUAGE pragmas
- Added HLint configuration
- We now use exactly the same versions of the packages used to build
ad when running the doctests.
Reverse. We use Arthur Kahn's topological sorting algorithm to
sort the tape after the fact in Kahn mode, while the stock Reverse mode builds a Wengert list as it goes, which
is more efficient in practice.
- Export of the
conjugateGradientDescent now stops before it starts returning NaN results.
Wengert to reflect its use of Wengert lists for reverse mode.
auto to avoid conflict with the more prevalent
- Fixed a bug in
Numeric.AD.Forward.gradWith', which caused it to return the wrong value for the primal.
- Added a better "convergence" test for
tanh derivatives directly.
Chain mode, which is
Reverse using a linear tape that doesn't need to be sorted.
- Added a suite of doctests.
- Bug fix in
Forward mode. It was previously yielding incorrect results for anything that used
- Moved the contents of
- Split off
Numeric.AD.Variadic for the variadic combinators
- Removed the
FF type aliases.
- Stopped exporting the types for
AD from almost every module. Import
Numeric.AD.Types if necessary.
- Dependency bump to be compatible with ghc 7.4.1 and mtl 2.1
- More aggressive zero tracking.
diff (**n) 0 for constant n and
diff (0**) both now yield the correct answer for all modes.