|Portability||non-portable (not tested)|
An easy access TCP library. Makes the use of TCP in Haskell much easier.
This was originally part of Gray's\/Bringert's HTTP module.
- Changes by Robin Bate Boerop firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Made dependencies explicit in import statements.
- Removed false dependencies from import statements.
- Removed unused exported functions.
- Changes by Simon Foster:
- Split module up into to sepearate Network.[Stream,TCP,HTTP] modules
|The Connection newtype is a wrapper that allows us to make
connections an instance of the StreamIn/Out classes, without ghc extensions.
While this looks sort of like a generic reference to the transport
layer it is actually TCP specific, which can be seen in the
implementation of the 'Stream Connection' instance.
This function establishes a connection to a remote
host, it uses getHostByName which interrogates the
DNS system, hence may trigger a network connection.
Add a persistant option? Current persistant is default.
Use Result type for synchronous exception reporting?
|Checks both that the underlying Socket is connected
and that the connection peer matches the given
host name (which is recorded locally).
|Produced by Haddock version 2.6.0|