The basic-prelude package
The premise of basic-prelude is that there are a lot of very commonly desired features missing from the standard Prelude, such as commonly used operators (<$> and >=>, for instance) and imports for common datatypes (e.g., ByteString and Vector). At the same time, there are lots of other components which are more debatable, such as providing polymorphic versions of common functions.
So basic-prelude is intended to give a common foundation for a number of alternate preludes. The package provides two modules: CorePrelude provides the common ground for other preludes to build on top of, while BasicPrelude exports CorePrelude together with commonly used list functions to provide a drop-in replacement for the standard Prelude.
Users wishing to have an improved Prelude can use BasicPrelude. Developers wishing to create a new prelude should use CorePrelude.
- Moved a number of exports from BasicPrelude to CorePrelude and vice-versa.
- Renamed BasicPrelude to CorePrelude and added a new BasicPrelude module provided a full-featured Prelude alternative. Also added a number of new exports.
- Initial version, code taken from classy-prelude with a few minor tweaks.
- No changelog available
|Versions||0.1.0.0, 0.2.0.0, 0.3.0.0, 0.3.1.0, 0.3.2.0, 0.3.3.0, 0.3.4.0, 0.3.5.0, 0.3.6.0, 0.3.7, 0.3.8|
|Dependencies||base (==4.*), bytestring, containers, hashable, lifted-base, ReadArgs (==1.2.*), safe, system-filepath (==0.4.*), text, transformers, unordered-containers, vector|
|Author||Michael Snoyman, Dan Burton|
|Source repository||head: git clone git://github.com/snoyberg/basic-prelude.git|
|Upload date||Tue Sep 10 17:42:06 UTC 2013|
|Distributions||Debian:0.3.8, FreeBSD:0.3.5.0, NixOS:0.3.8|
|Downloads||9194 total (361 in last 30 days)|
- basic-prelude-0.3.6.0.tar.gz [browse] (Cabal source package)
- Package description (included in the package)
For package maintainers and hackage trustees