eventuo11y: An event-oriented observability library
[ apache, library, observability ] [ Propose Tags ]
Instrument your Haskell codebase with wide, semantically meaningful events. This library is designed with separating the following concerns in mind:
- When instrumenting code, I want to think in terms of my application domain and report any information I might need to infer internal application-level state and understand the behavior of my program/library.
- When consuming instrumentation, I want to think in
terms of the API fo the specific backend I'm supporting (writing to
stderr, serving a
Prometheuspage, posting to
OpenTelemetry) and what is needed to render to that API.
Initializing instrumentation in an application
- When I'm ready to tie it all together, I want to identify the specific backends I want to post to and provide the bridge code to render the domain-specific instrumentation as needed for those backends. I also want to handle concerns like sampling or client-side aggregation of domain-specific instrumentation to keep usage manageable.
See Observe.Event for detailed documentation on instrumenting your code.
See Observe.Event.Backend for documentation on writing an
See eventuo11y-dsl for simpler syntax for creating application-level instrumentation types.
See eventuo11y-otel for an OpenTelemetry-based backend.
See eventuo11y-json for JSON-based rendering and backends.
See Example.hs for an example.
See eventuo11y-batteries for miscellaneous framework-specific helpers.
[Index] [Quick Jump]
- eventuo11y-0.9.0.0.tar.gz [browse] (Cabal source package)
- Package description (as included in the package)
For package maintainers and hackage trustees
- No Candidates
|Versions [RSS]||0.1.0.0, 0.1.0.1, 0.2.0.0, 0.2.0.1, 0.3.0.0, 0.3.1.0, 0.3.2.0, 0.4.0.0, 0.5.0.0, 0.6.0.0, 0.7.0.0, 0.7.1.0, 0.8.0.0, 0.9.0.0, 0.9.0.1 (info)|
|Dependencies||base (>=4.14 && <4.15 || >=4.16 && <4.18), exceptions (>=0.10 && <0.11), general-allocate (>=0.2.1 && <0.3), monad-control (>=1.0 && <1.1), mtl (>=2.2 && <2.4), primitive (>=0.7 && <0.8), time (>=1.11 && <1.13), transformers (>=0.5 && <0.7), transformers-base (>=0.4 && <0.5), unliftio-core (>=0.2 && <0.3) [details]|
|Copyright||Copyright 2022 Shea Levy.|
|Source repo||head: git clone https://github.com/shlevy/eventuo11y|
|Uploaded||by shlevy at 2023-01-17T19:24:26Z|
|Reverse Dependencies||4 direct, 0 indirect [details]|
|Downloads||324 total (54 in the last 30 days)|
|Rating||(no votes yet) [estimated by Bayesian average]|
|Status||Docs available [build log]
Last success reported on 2023-01-17 [all 1 reports]