The hydrogen-version package
A sane replacement for Data.Version from the base package.
Hydrogen.Version is also exported by Hydrogen.Prelude where it comes with a few more instances (e.g. for Data.Serialize).
>> Differences to Data.Version
- Sane Ord instance
- Data.Version relies on Ord for lists, which will consider 1.0 to be less than 1.0.0. Hydrogen.Version considers these to be equal.
- Sane Read and Show instances
- With Hydrogen.Version you can just do read 1.0.0 :: Version, whereas the Read and Show instances for Data.Version do not give a concise representation:
show hydrogenVersion == "1.0.0" show dataVersion == "Version versionBranch = [1,0,0], versionTags = "
- Stricter API
- In Hydrogen.Version you can create a Version only via mkVersion, whereas in Data.Version the constructor is exported, thus you could so such nonsense as Data.Version.Version   (which is not a proper version at all).
- No Tags
- Hydrogen.Version does not support tags. This is intentional, since there is no agreed upon definition for Ord in the presence of tags (consider alpha vs beta vs snapshot vs ga vs ...).
[Skip to Readme]
|Versions||1.0, 1.0.1, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 (info)|
|Dependencies||base (==4.*), ghc-prim [details]|
|Source repository||head: git clone https://github.com/scravy/hydrogen-version|
|Uploaded||Thu Mar 26 06:26:52 UTC 2015 by JulianFleischer|
|Downloads||993 total (4 in the last 30 days)|
|Status||Docs available [build log]
Last success reported on 2015-03-26 [all 1 reports]
For package maintainers and hackage trustees